Big Canada Flag

Sam

While watching the World Cup I noticed in a Japanese game the supporters had a big Japanese flag... like really big. Anyways I remember us having one for the Honduras game I believe but have no idea where it is now or if it even belongs to us. But what was really cool was it looked like all the Japanese supporters had signed the flag. It would be pretty cool to have our big Canadian flag signed by as many Voyageurs as possible...

speaking of canadian flags.

where can i get a canadian flag that is bigger than the "generic" size; for instance, the ones the england fans hang on the stadium at the WC?

I think they all had 3 by 5 foot flags, is that correct? If that's what you are looking for there's the Flag Shop near Lionel Groulx station (MTL) where you can buy all sorts of flags.

I think they all had 3 by 5 foot flags, is that correct? If that's what you are looking for there's the Flag Shop near Lionel Groulx station (MTL) where you can buy all sorts of flags.

You can get those flags for free from your MP. Just send an e-mail to them and they will mail you one.

If your MP is Bloc............you may be SOL.

I've tried this and it didn't work for me. I guess it depends on your specific MP...

You're supposed to be able to get them from Senators as well. New MP's and Senators get them sent to them automatically. Other MP's and Senators need to fill out a form in order to get a batch of flags.

I have never tried asking a Senator..........but I will give it try as my MP already sent me two flags and turned me down when I asked for a third!

Here is a list of Senators and their contact info:

http://www.parl.gc.ca/common/senmemb/senate/isenator.asp

You can get those flags for free from your MP. Just send an e-mail to them and they will mail you one.

If your MP is Bloc............you may be SOL.

Not really, even Bloc MPs have to provide you with Canadian flags upon request. I knew someone who used to do it just to piss them off.

Last i saw of it was in Columbus for the 2009 GC and in the possession of BrennanFan.

Yep. That flag is currently in the possession of the RPB. I'm sure it will make another appearance at the Peru game.

All of the other banners are in my basement, and they too will make it to the game.

Yep. That flag is currently in the possession of the RPB. I'm sure it will make another appearance at the Peru game.

All of the other banners are in my basement, and they too will make it to the game.

There's one banner in my apartment, but it'll be showing up too.

I suggest that anyone who wants a free Canadian flag, who lives in Ontario, to send an e-mail to Senator Art Eggleton or Senator Linda Frum. I sent them both of them e-mails last night and they both replied this morning that my flag was "in the mail". I'm still waiting to hear back from the rest of the Ontario Senators.....................LOL.

Art Eggleton

egglea@SEN.PARL.GC.CA

or

Linda Frum

fruml@SEN.PARL.GC.CA

• 3 weeks later...
I need to know if there are any restrictions regarding flags and banners for BMO Field on gameday, like is there a lenght limit for flag sticks or a material restriction?

Thanks

In the designated supporters sections, there are no limits on flags, flagpoles or banners.

Archived