Toronto to Montreal bus - Canada v Honduras

Califax

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks to the Toronto folks for arranging this. It'll be nice to have support in the crowd for Canada, and it has to come from somewhere. As I posted in another thread:

I think the Montreal game will fall a bit flat. Hondurans won't come out with the same passion and numbers than for WCQ, and I'm still having trouble getting over the 2008 game, to be honest. Furthermore, I don't know how much the UM02 are interested in this game, but probably not much.

It's a friendly. Blah.

First reply I got was $4550 for a 55 seater. Puts us at about 85 bucks each, which, may render it cheaper to take a car.

I'll keep poking away, but t may be more cost effective to spend the night and /or just take cars.

Thanks to the Toronto folks for arranging this. It'll be nice to have support in the crowd for Canada, and it has to come from somewhere. As I posted in another thread:

This is not true, there is interest in Montreal for both games and some of us will be coming to Toronto for the Peru match. Daniel is still suffering from some serious Post Traumatic Stress Disorder from the Canada-Honduras WCQ game in Montreal. Hopefully several Friend/Jackson/Hume/Gerba goals against Peru, Honduras and Ukraine will cure him of this and bring hope back to his life! :) It is not very constructive of you though RJB, to post this quote every chance you get.

Also regarding the jersey issue, as was stated before, we should be wearing national team and Voyageurs kit to national team games. Firstly because that is what is appropriate to wear at national team games and secondly because when you are in your rivals kop for a game in which you are both supporting the same team, you don't wear your colours as a sign of respect. If people want to wear their supporter groups colours in their own stadium fine, but in a rivals stadium you should show the hosts some respect. If a casual fan wears a TFC jersey to a national team game in Montreal or Vancouver, again fine, they don't know any better. Those of us who are members of the Voyageurs and other supporters groups do know the decorum and should stick to it.

I was hoping that the organizers and leaders of the various trips and supporters groups would deal with this issue internally amongst ourselves and then with their own membership and still hope this will happen. The last debate was quite devisive and also included a lot of hardline opinions from people who didn't actually show up for the games. Since the issue is continually being brought up and often in a very partisan and sarcastic manner it needs to be addressed. I have no problem with people taking the piss out of the rival supporters groups and trash talking when we are playing each against each other. However, when we are all supporting a common cause we should try to be united and not do those things that will split us apart.

Also regarding the jersey issue, as was stated before, we should be wearing national team and Voyageurs kit to national team games. Firstly because that is what is appropriate to wear at national team games and secondly because when you are in your rivals kop for a game in which you are both supporting the same team, you don't wear your colours as a sign of respect. If people want to wear their supporter groups colours in their own stadium fine, but in a rivals stadium you should show the hosts some respect. If a casual fan wears a TFC jersey to a national team game in Montreal or Vancouver, again fine, they don't know any better. Those of us who are members of the Voyageurs and other supporters groups do know the decorum and should stick to it.

I was hoping that the organizers and leaders of the various trips and supporters groups would deal with this issue internally amongst ourselves and then with their own membership and still hope this will happen. The last debate was quite devisive and also included a lot of hardline opinions from people who didn't actually show up for the games. Since the issue is continually being brought up and often in a very partisan and sarcastic manner it needs to be addressed. I have no problem with people taking the piss out of the rival supporters groups and trash talking when we are playing each against each other. However, when we are all supporting a common cause we should try to be united and not do those things that will split us apart.

Looks like Rudis' wind up worked! Hopefully everyone has enough sense to wear Canada/Voyageurs gear!

It is not very constructive of you though RJB, to post this quote every chance you get.

I posted it twice, which is only once more than Daniel. And I wasn't trying to be constructive Grizzly, but merely point out the sentiment that we are fighting against exists within our very core of Voyageurs. The take it or leave it attitude towards the national team is a detrement to the success of the team, and it isn't something that should be coming from Voyageurs.

Looks like Rudis' wind up worked! Hopefully everyone has enough sense to wear Canada/Voyageurs gear!

It did. ;)

By the way, I plan to wear the red and white of my supporters group for every Canada game from now until I die. :D

Myself and my buddy Jordan will definitely need a way to get to Montreal for the Tuesday friendly (I'm refusing to write the name of the ugly nation we're playing), whether it be via bus or as a ride in someone's car.

Any West Coast Vs planning on making the trip for this one?

Grizzly, is there any kind of organized group going to Toronto? I really wanted to go, but I'm not sure I will drive there and back.

I'd say about 6 people voiced their interest in going to the game but no transportation means has been decided... I was planning to buy bus tickets, but if there's enough people maybe we can rent something. But as I have no experience in thsi matter I will leave it to Grizzly and maybe I can learn from him, haha.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm going to have to back out, probably working a temp. job during that week. Look into taking the megabus. If you book early enough you should be able to go for $40 roundtrip which is cheaper than any rental car or booking a bus. The website doesn't have return trips available yet for the next day, but they should be up in a few days. Turn the double decker into the voyageurs official transportation vehicle!

Archived