Donations & swag for Capos at Canada vs Peru

Admin

Canada does not play here too often in case you haven't noticed.

I wan't to make sure the capos are well looked after.

In addition to getting a free ticket into the stadium I was wondering if anyone had anything they could cough up ... gift certificates or something.

Please PM me

Thanks,

Jamie

Will the Capos need any scarves/shirts. That can be offered up. Also 114 does not have a capo stand if I am not mistaken.

The original capo stand is on the aisle between 113 and 114.

Canada does not play here too often in case you haven't noticed.

I wan't to make sure the capos are well looked after.

In addition to getting a free ticket into the stadium I was wondering if anyone had anything they could cough up ... gift certificates or something.

Please PM me

Thanks,

Jamie

Personally I am not in favour of this out of principle not because it would cost much. In general, capos for any soccer team do it out of love for the team and not because there are any fringe benefits. The reward for being capo is helping your team and the enjoyment of doing it. Part of the ideal of a capo is that he is a member of the supporters group like any other member and is doing capo because he wants to with no other reward.

Excuse my ignorance, but what is a capo?

A capo is a clamp-like device used on the neck of a stringed instrument to shorten the strings, hence raising the pitch. Many people use them on their guitars normally seen at the top few frets.

Capo_on_white2.png

However what we are talking about is a cheer/chant leader that is usually at the front of the group with a mega phone starting all the chants. At BMO field there are 2 capo stands that are right infront of 112 and 113/114 to lead the RPB and Usector supporters groups

capo-jagiellonia.jpg

Pretty cool article about capos on pitch invasion

http://pitchinvasion.net/blog/2009/06/10/the-capo/

Who are our Capos? I thought Daniel was one at Jamaica WCQ, but I had a beer or two and might not know anything. Are the U-Sector and/or RPB likely to have one of their boys in the stand(s).

As for swag, I've got a V's t shirt I won't be wearing, and some other swag. But short of a CMNT jersey, I'm sure you could be outfitted in Chinatown with Canadian swag for the price of a pitcher of Draught.

Archived