Globe & Mail Poll: Will a Canadian team qualify for the next World Cup

jpg75

Judging by the results and the comments, i'm not so sure the Ipsos-Reid poll commissioned by the CSA is that accurate:

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/globe-online-poll-world-cup/article1636385/

So far 16% believe YES we will qualify and 84% say No. I guess it is being assumed this means the MNT and not either the Men or Women (which is what IMO the question is actually asking ie. "a Canadian team").

The two polls don't necessarily contradict each other. Wasn't the Ipsos-Reid poll asking whether the person would support Canada at a World Cup while this one is asking whether they feel Canada will actually qualify? If that's the case, there are many of us who aren't convinced that we will qualify for a World Cup in the near future but would support them to the brink of financial ruin if they actually did.

I would answer no to that question. As it stands now, our chances are really slim and I'm not positive about a possible qualification.

BTW, where's the contradiction between the 2 polls? I would answer yes to the CSA poll and no to this one.

Yeah, i guess you guys are right. When i posted this i was a little dismayed by all the negative comments accompanying the poll, kind of makes it hard to believe that only 16% would cheer against Canada when it seems like there are alot mocking the team.

Archived