Mimglow's 2010 Premiership Pool

Mimglow

Hello everyone!

Some of you may remember a few years back I ran a Premiership pool, and some of you even participated in it. Life got in the way of me running it for the past couple of years, but I'm pleased to announce that we're back in business for the upcoming season.

Changes have been made which will make the pool that much better, and a dedicated website is being built as we speak.

The pool is one where you pick players, not teams. You fill a roster of 11 players and track them throughout the season, with some flexibility about substitutions and such. I just ran the pool for the World Cup and it was a smashing success.

If you are interested in learning more, get in touch with me at mimglow_at_gmail.com and I will answer any questions as well as send you a list of rules and how it all works.

Hope to hear from you soon, and see some of you in Montreal in September for the Honduras match.

Allez les Rouges!!!

Mimglow

1. There is an entry fee to the pool. Email me for details about this.

2. Winner will get 60% of winnings, runner-up will receive 30% and 3rd place will receive 10%.

3. The season will play out in two parts. The first part will be from the beginning of the season to January 1st, 2011. While the transfer window is open (January 2011), you may make wholesale changes ONCE.

4. In each half season, you will be allowed 3 substitutions into your team to replace an existing player. Please note, however, that a player taken out of your lineup cannot be brought back in at any point for the rest of the campaign.

5. The composition of your squad will be as follows: 1 Keeper 4 Defenders 4 Midfielders 2 Forwards

6. You will be limited to 3 players per club in your squad at any one time. An exception to this rule is if a player is loaned or transferred after you've selected him - he counts as a player for the club he was on when you selected him.

7. Point distribution will be as follows:

A) Keepers

5 points for a clean sheet

Team's +/- after each match

-5 points for own goal

-2 points for yellow card

-5 points for red card

10 points for a goal scored

5 points for a penalty save

B) Defenders

5 points for a clean sheet

Team's +/- after each match

-2 points for own goal

-5 points for red card

7 points for a goal scored

-5 points for a penalty miss

C) Midfielders

3 points for a clean sheet

1 point for each team goal

-3 points for own goal

-5 points for red card

5 points for a goal scored

D) Forwards

2 points for each team goal

-5 points for own goal

-5 points for red card

3 points for a goal scored

8. Players must be on the pitch to collect points. For clean sheets for substituted players: a player shall earn a clean sheet if he was on the pitch at any time for a team that got a clean sheet. If he was on and didn't allow a goal, gets subbed out and the team concedes, he does not get a clean sheet.

9. Player Positions will be set before the season starts, and will remain locked for the remainder of the season. Debate and changes on what a particular player's position should be will be settled before every season.

10. Points will be amassed for Premiership League matches only. Champions League, FA CUP, Carling Cup, etc. will not be factored.

11. Player selection is not restricted to Player List in this spreadsheet, although I have tried to make it exhaustive.

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like fun Mimglow, but this year will bow out. It is a pretty intensive pool, with a lot of research needed (a good thing!), but I am planning a lot of extended necessary abscences from the net for the next 8 months, and thus would not be able to compete and be able to do the needful. Perhaps next year! Cheers.

Archived