TFC sign Maicon Santos

jpg75

I would be careful what you read into it.

I've just done a little digging so far and I would guess that he has never played for Bonsucesso. It seems that Bonsucesso is like many clubs in Sao Paulo that really only collect contracts to see if they can make some money on player trading. While they do have a team playing in the lower levels, that has more to do with legitimizing the practice.

From what I can tell, he hasn't played in Brazil since about the summer of 2006 when he was 22. After that he went from Tunisia (Etoile Sportive du Sahel 2006-2007) to being loaned to a team in Lybia for 2007-2008 to a team in Israel (2008-2009). He returned to Brazil only to move to MLS within a couple of months. I suspect the loan deal was expiring if it was true that he was being loaned to MLS by Bonsucesso.

Still not a super star and at 26, he wouldn't get much interest back in Brazil.

With the CCL coming up and our hope for TFC to make the group stages, haveing a full bench of capable players is not a bad thing to make a deep run. We'll see how things work out. We are always in need of flair on our team

A striker who can't score. Exactly what TFC needed! :) For that matter, I am almost surprised the Impact didn't sign him.

We got Mista for finishing off the goals. We just need to get him the ball. Have you signed the infamous Ali G yet?

We got Mista for finishing off the goals. We just need to get him the ball. Have you signed the infamous Ali G yet?

Well the last few years Mista has also been a striker who couldn't score though admittedly in a much better league than MLS. Ali G on the other hand has scored for everyone except TFC but I think if he hasn't signed with us by now he probably will go back to Europe.

Ali G on the other hand has scored for everyone except TFC but I think if he hasn't signed with us by now he probably will go back to Europe.

Fair enough, however we know if he does sign he will be gone at end of season to continue his gypsie ways.

Maicon on the other hand sounds like a bit of an idiot (from TFCTV interview). I know english is not his first language but all I got out of his interview is that he is so excited to be playing for Toronto FC even though he knows nothing about his teammates, the club, the city or the fanbase. I am thinking he is just excited to continue to get a paycheque after Chivas dropped him. Hopefully he shows better then he did there.

Santos looked pretty good when he subbed in after the half. He was way more effective than OBW. What is with OBW anyway? Is he fighting an injury or something? He just doesn't seem to have anything out there. He will lose his spot to Santos if this keeps up.

Archived