Two players Hart should get a hold of ASAP

Keegan

http://www.mls-rumors.net/9388/2010/07/incoming-dundee-united-winger-jennison-myrie-williams-to-toronto-fc/

Two young players Febian Brandy (89) former Manchester United reserves striker on loan to many lower sides played for England u20s last year. Jennison Myrie Williams (88) plays for Dundee United played in England before that

Hart should give these two a call we have a real chance to add depth with all these guys up in the air...

These two seem good enough to be called already and they are young and could be key to next cycle and cycles to come.

I doubt they have England ambitions either

I've seen firsthand some awfully ****ty players who have 'BIG CLUB' reserves experience from the UK. I would rather see them play a few times before rolling out the red (and white) carpet.

I've seen firsthand some awfully ****ty players who have 'BIG CLUB' reserves experience from the UK. I would rather see them play a few times before rolling out the red (and white) carpet.

I think both have more pedigree than some of our players if you look at their history and both are way better than some of the random try out call ups we've called recently

I think both have more pedigree than some of our players if you look at their history and both are way better than some of the random try out call ups we've called recently

Even given the fact that they may be reserve players (or play in lower leagues), they have play for England national youth teams (U-20) regularly, so I'm sure they would be good enough for our senior team.

Even given the fact that they may be reserve players (or play in lower leagues), they have play for England national youth teams (U-20) regularly, so I'm sure they would be good enough for our senior team.

Big deal. England has not been worth watching at the U20 level. They finished fourth in their group at the last one behind Uzbekistan for God's sake. In addition, Myrie-Williams has never played for Englands U20s.

Talk about speculative bull****.

I've seen Brandy play before and I think he's a real talent. He has a good goal scoring record, and although he's been released by Manchester United I think his future lies at a higher level than MLS. I may be wrong, but if he suited up for Canada I'd be delighted.

I don't think they can play for Canada.

Both played for England youth and you can only switch after that if you held citizenship of the country you are switching to when you played the youth internationals.

If they're eligible thanks to a parent or grandparent then they can switch. But this is a big "IF", the only source saying they're eligible for Canada is MLS Rumours which has about as much integrtiy as the National Enquirer.

I would also like to wait and actually see how these players play because their Cv's and stats are awful.

I think my post from the other thread mentioning this applies equally here:

Never hurts to have more depth but at the moment neither of these players are very interesting. They are both marginal lower division players not even established lower division players. The only thing that makes them interesting is that they are both relatively young and possibly have some development potential but they are also old enough that they really need to establish themselves playing at a decent level in the next few years. At the moment, unless they are really cheap, I don't find them all that interesting players for TFC let alone our national team. Of course they do possess the right nationality to appeal to Mo, in other words the nationality of their real passport.

If they are eligible to play for us (and their native land isn't interested in their services) the question is what do they look like compared to our MNT players playing at the same position. A quick look at their CV indicates to me that they are probably good enough for a call just to take a look.

Here's another guy we need to cap quickly: Emilio Reuben.

Good tip. Well, he is younger than Onstad, has more mobility than either Hastings or Stalteri, has a better goals-per-game ratio than Friend, although the flipside is I've never heard of any of his club sides, so they must be worse than mighty Shrewsbury Town and TFC.

I'm with Ed on this one.

While having reserve experience for massive clubs isn't a negative, it doesn't (at all) guarantee you will be good. PLENTY of guys with this type of profile have come to MLS and sucked balls. So the existance of this fact alone hardly suggests they are worth our time.

If they establish themselves at the L1 or even CCC level they'll still be available for selection. How about we pick it up there, if it even happens ?

Obviously we need to grow our player pool. I would monitor these kids and anyone else that has potential to make our nats. However IMO we need to have our depth playing in North America so they can train together and get some cohesian and add our skilled players to the mix whenever they are available.

Big deal. England has not been worth watching at the U20 level. They finished fourth in their group at the last one behind Uzbekistan for God's sake. In addition, Myrie-Williams has never played for Englands U20s.

Talk about speculative bull****.

If I am not mistaken, England tore up in qualifying for the u20s but suffered at the tournament bc of the Prem teams not allowing the majority of players who qualified the team to participate. I also remember hearing of an outbreak of dysentry, which very possible here in Egypt (A teacher missed work all last week bc of exactly that).

• 2 weeks later...
Another possible Canadian :) prospect?

I stumbled upon information about Manchester City and England U 19 Forward Alex Nimely.

I've found a few articles that state his father attended Dawson College in Montreal. Chances are that the kid has no link to Canada (passport), but you never know.

http://www.swalnews.org/news_feb202010_a.html

Are you suggesting he's the love child of a Quebecois mother? :D

In the article it states that he was adopted by some english guy and has turned down call ups to the Liberian senior team for World Cup qualifying after having featured for their youth teams. His eye is set on playing for England, and even if he was eligible for Canada (which I doubt) I don't imagine he would play for us. An interesting find regardless.

Archived