What pisses you off the most about TFC?

Soccerpro

First, let me state that I'm a huge huge huge TFC fan. Obviously things have improved for the better this year in some important aspects, and for that I am grateful. However, everybody must have a major annoyance or two about the club that they want get off their chest. This is the place to do it.

Mine is the lack of Canadians. Or let me rephrase that, the insistance of carrying crappy foreign players like Nene or Ibrahim when there are perfectly good Canadians who can fill those spots. For instance - Andrew Ornoch. Yes maybe not a great comparison as his salary demands might be higher than these two bums, but I think everyone would rate him higher than some of the current players on the team, and he's a Canadian. Sign one of the TFC kids to the senior roster for all I care to replace one of these guys.You can't tell me there aren't some Canadian guys out there that could be filling these roles. I'm tired of seeing mediocre talent on the TFC roster that could be occupied by Canadian kids. I wish TFC were forced to carry a higher contingent of Canadians as originally planned. I will ****ing flip if the Whitecaps of Montreal are allowed to get away with the same crap. **** it makes me so ****ing mad!

I agree a few more Canadians would be nice. I think there's still some hope for Ibrahim, if nothing else the last home game showed that he can deliver a decent corner kick, but I agree that Nane doesn't look like a very good use of a roster spot. I feel there are Canadians playing in the CSL who would be better squad players than Nane.

Nothing pisses me off about the team, but I do have some annoyances:

1. Using the DP to sign DeGuzman. DPs should stand out above the rest, and he simply does not. He's not worth the money they're paying him.

2. General player movement - they've been a revolving door since they came into the league. In their haste, they moved out some useful players.

Nothing pisses me off about the team, but I do have some annoyances:

2. General player movement - they've been a revolving door since they came into the league. In their haste, they moved out some useful players.

I would concure with that one. Especially in the first two years. There were some players who were brought in and they were gone (for one reason or another) a short while afterwards. Granted, some of the departures where not performace related but you cant build team that way. Some of these talents went on to make a name for themselves elsewhere.

Also what also bugs me about the revolving door is the many of the departure as as result of Preki's arrival. Some were not all performce related and I dont get that a team that loses a playoff spot on the last day due to onre crap game, has to be totally overhauled. The team that snuck in through the back door went all the way. You have to have some consistency to build.

First, let me state that I'm a huge huge huge TFC fan. Obviously things have improved for the better this year in some important aspects, and for that I am grateful. However, everybody must have a major annoyance or two about the club that they want get off their chest. This is the place to do it.

Mine is the lack of Canadians. Or let me rephrase that, the insistance of carrying crappy foreign players like Nene or Ibrahim when there are perfectly good Canadians who can fill those spots. For instance - Andrew Ornoch. Yes maybe not a great comparison as his salary demands might be higher than these two bums, but I think everyone would rate him higher than some of the current players on the team, and he's a Canadian. Sign one of the TFC kids to the senior roster for all I care to replace one of these guys.You can't tell me there aren't some Canadian guys out there that could be filling these roles. I'm tired of seeing mediocre talent on the TFC roster that could be occupied by Canadian kids. I wish TFC were forced to carry a higher contingent of Canadians as originally planned. I will ****ing flip if the Whitecaps of Montreal are allowed to get away with the same crap. **** it makes me so ****ing mad!

Ornoch is probably overrated here. Apart for decent showing at the 2008 CONCACAF U-23 tournament his club career has been disappointing so far. If Ornoch wasn't sign maybe it was because he could've been the next Braz or Reda?

I'm all for giving a chance to Canadians and TFC is doing it well IMO. Plenty of young Canadians have had their chances with trials and some with contracts but at some point those young guys have to earn their place. Giving roster spots to Canadians just for the sake of it won't help us in the long run.

^ Loyola while I agree with an element of what you're saying, to me if TFC has room to stock garbage like Nane Joseph on their roster, there is no reason why we shouldn't have more Canadians on the payroll. At that level we don't even need to talk about them being starters, but simply providing some depth.

Nane is so bad (and everybody knew it before he showed up) there are probably 10-15 guys in the CSL who would easily be a huge improvement.

Mo the trader...

Fans who are still so .. plastic they wear TFC jerseys well watching world cup games.

The Beer.

Line ups at the pisser.. do all people in TO have small bladders ?

Mo the Trader

^ Loyola while I agree with an element of what you're saying, to me if TFC has room to stock garbage like Nane Joseph on their roster, there is no reason why we shouldn't have more Canadians on the payroll. At that level we don't even need to talk about them being starters, but simply providing some depth.

Nane is so bad (and everybody knew it before he showed up) there are probably 10-15 guys in the CSL who would easily be a huge improvement.

The question we can't really answer is if Ornoch is that much better than Nane? If he is, is he worth signing in the middle of the season and are his salary demands realistic.

Nane is probably a mistake but that doesn't mean that a player like Ornoch would be a much better improvement.

Perhaps worth noting that Joseph Nane is on a developmental contract so isn't taking up a roster spot that Ornoch could use. As for what pisses me off most about TFC, the arrival of Preki straightened out all the major issues that stopped the team from making the playoffs in the two previous seasons, in my opinion. The relative lack of Canadian players would be more of a concern if steps had not been made to develop players through the academy system. The acquisition of a CSL franchise for the U-18 team shows that a lot more than lip service is being paid to developing youth players. Years 5 to 10 was always the realistic timescale for that initiative to start to have an impact in first team roster terms.

perhaps worth noting that joseph nane is on a developmental contract so isn't taking up a roster spot that ornoch could use. As for what pisses me off most about tfc, the arrival of preki straightened out all the major issues that stopped the team from making the playoffs in the two previous seasons, in my opinion. The relative lack of canadian players would be more of a concern if steps had not been made to develop players through the academy system. The acquisition of a csl franchise for the u-18 team shows that a lot more than lip service is being paid to developing youth players. Years 5 to 10 was always the realistic timescale for that initiative to start to have an impact in first team roster terms.

qft

Mo the trader...

Fans who are still so .. plastic they wear TFC jerseys well watching world cup games.

Agree with your first and last...

... but how is wearing a TFC jersey while watching a World Cup game plastic? Would you prefer that the fan wears the colors of some foreign country?

If anything, it shows that TFC fans are the real deal... it shows where our priorities lay... I use to get most passionate about soccer when the World Cup/Euro Cup/Champions League Knock-out roles around, but since TFC came on the scene, the EuroCup and the World Cup are secondary for me.

TFC matches are far more important, and I'd most definetely watch a TFC match over a World Cup knock-out match if the schedules collided. While I have my international favorites, I'd NEVER wear the colours of some foreign country...

Agree with your first and last...

... but how is wearing a TFC jersey while watching a World Cup game plastic? Would you prefer that the fan wears the colors of some foreign country?

If anything, it shows that TFC fans are the real deal... it shows where our priorities lay... I use to get most passionate about soccer when the World Cup/Euro Cup/Champions League Knock-out roles around, but since TFC came on the scene, the EuroCup and the World Cup are secondary for me.

TFC matches are far more important, and I'd most definetely watch a TFC match over a World Cup knock-out match if the schedules collided. While I have my international favorites, I'd NEVER wear the colours of some foreign country...

I don't get it either.

I see people wearing kits from every team on the planet during the World Cup.

Are they plastic too?

This whole plastic fan thing has just got to stop.

We are here to grow the game, how can we do that if we are douche bags to people that show up?

The brouhaha over TFC jerseys seems to be a Montreal supporter thing.

They don't seem to mind their fellow Impact fans wearing Impact jerseys at Stade Saputo during a Canada WCQ match against a team in blue, for some reason. Or at least that's the impression I get, since they never seem to mention it in their rants against TFC fans having the gall to wear TFC jerseys.

since they never seem to mention it in their rants against TFC fans having the gall to wear TFC jerseys.

hardly a rant.

And this is a thread designed to complain about TFC, one guy complains about TFC and all of a sudden it's part of this larger fabric of IMFC fans not liking Toronto fans.(Also, even if it is, who cares.)

hardly a rant.

And this is a thread designed to complain about TFC, one guy complains about TFC and all of a sudden it's part of this larger fabric of IMFC fans not liking Toronto fans.(Also, even if it is, who cares.)

Obviously I'm only basing what I wrote on Trillium's single post in this thread.

It's not like I've read/heard that same ridiculous complaint about TFC jerseys at Stade Saputo for national team matches (that happened two years ago) ad nauseum or anything...

You're right, clearly I'm way off base here.

(And why would I give a crap whether Impact fans dislike TFC fans?)

Perhaps worth noting that Joseph Nane is on a developmental contract so isn't taking up a roster spot that Ornoch could use. As for what pisses me off most about TFC, the arrival of Preki straightened out all the major issues that stopped the team from making the playoffs in the two previous seasons, in my opinion. The relative lack of Canadian players would be more of a concern if steps had not been made to develop players through the academy system. The acquisition of a CSL franchise for the U-18 team shows that a lot more than lip service is being paid to developing youth players. Years 5 to 10 was always the realistic timescale for that initiative to start to have an impact in first team roster terms.

Agreed.....with TFC Academy, the Whitecaps recidency program and what will surely by a mirrored effort by Montreal, things will be interesting in the next 5, but for sure 10 years to see the fruits of these programs.

I am curious about near future availability of established Canadian players for TFC when Vancouver and Montreal are up and running, they'll be at a premium unless MLS plans to relax the domestic ratio, which I cannot see happening and hope it does not.

1. Definitely the revolving door of players.

2. And the stop gap solutions to solve problems on the field. TFC needs more foresight and better planning. So that would lead to Mo.

3. When people refer to the team as Toronto Football Club. I've never seen it officially displayed like that so I'm pretty sure it's just Toronto FC in which case...

4. The fact that the team is called Toronto FC and not Toronto Football Club (Toronto F.C.)

Archived