Impact injuries

It seems that a whole bunch of players are injured on the Impact roster. They had to bring in two academy players for the Rochester game, defender Kevin Cossette (who came on in the 82nd minte) and keeper Dominic Provost.

http://impactmontreal.com/News/News.aspx?language=EN&ArticleID=1422&Focus=0

Here is the list of injured and missing players:

Matt Jordan (groin)

Andrei Badescu (knee)

David Testo (thigh)

Edouardo Sebrango (groin)

Stefano Pesoli (toe)

Nevio Pizzolitto (??)

Adam Braz (hurt his back in the Rochester match)

Peter Byers (was not in the lineup in Rochester)

Hicham Aaboubou (away for personal reasons)

I think they had better sign some players quick!

It seems that a whole bunch of players are injured on the Impact roster. They had to bring in two academy players for the Rochester game, defender Kevin Cossette (who came on in the 82nd minte) and keeper Dominic Provost.

http://impactmontreal.com/News/News.aspx?language=EN&ArticleID=1422&Focus=0

Here is the list of injured and missing players:

Matt Jordan (groin)

Andrei Badescu (knee)

David Testo (thigh)

Edouardo Sebrango (groin)

Stefano Pesoli (toe)

Nevio Pizzolitto (??)

Adam Braz (hurt his back in the Rochester match)

Peter Byers (was not in the lineup in Rochester)

Hicham Aaboubou (away for personal reasons)

I think they had better sign some players quick!

If not for Billy, DiLorenzo and DeRoux things would have already got a lot worse. Hopefully any delay is waiting for the transfer window rather than inaction on the part of the staff.

Pesoli just left for Italy, not coming back. Academy players Hussein Awada, Kevin Cossette, Karl Ouimette et Dominic Provost were training yeaterday with the Impact

Ouch. Pesoli too? The Impact have to survive for two more games before the transfer window opens. I like that they are bringing in a couple of academy players but they really need to sign 3 or 4 players quick. A striker (or 2) and a couple of defenders. Does anyone know how much longer Jordan will be out? They might need to sign another keeper, now that Badescu is also injured.

BTW, I saw Hussein Awada play with the Academy team and he has a great deal of potential but he will need lots of playing time to mature

Out of curiosity, where did you read Badescu was injured?

From this press release before the Rochester game:

http://impactmontreal.com/News/News.aspx?language=EN

Goalkeepers Matt Jordan (groin) and Andrei Badescu (knee), striker Eduardo Sebrango (groin), as well as defenders Stefano Pesoli (toe) and Hicham Aaboubou (personal reasons), will not be available Saturday.

Out of curiosity, where did you read Badescu was injured?

Also, Aaboubou is back and ready to play, he was seen at the last public practice held by the Impact

Thank god, he has been solid. Much as I like Leduc, any becnh player out of position is a band-aid solution.

I hope they sign two strikers and 2 CBs.

Is Hussein Awada Canadian?

I would suspect so because he was born in Lebanon and it's hard to imagine a young kid coming to a North American academy direct from Lebanon, more likely a kid who grew up here. However I can't find anything for sure online.

Archived