WCQ & MNT friendly ticket prices - How much were they in the past?

Admin

I payed about $12 or something for the Costa Rica friendly at BMO. I payed either $10 and $15 or $15 and $20 (can't remember which) for the St. Vincent and Honduras games respectively in Montreal

Yeah, that's what I thought.

I remembered not thinking twice about it and buying some. Then again I also buy things I shouldn't and not think twice about it so I thought I better check.

Peru game = Uh oh.

canada vs costa rica was (bmo) $15 + $3 service charge sec 114 row 6

canada vs jamaica (bmo) was $15 + $3 service charge sec 114 row 5

canada vs st. vincent & grenadines (saputo) was $10 + $3.75 service charge sec 114 row 4

canada vs honduras (saputo) was $15 + $3.75 service charge sec 115 row 3

For Canada Jamaica I believe the figure was around $15. I bought four tickets that were in section 103.

For honduras I bought 2 in (113? Vs section).

I might be good for 10-15 tickets this round, Ill talk to the guys on my soccer team. I can give the convenor of my towns soccer association a ring and see if he wants to set up any event. Any word on how much youth (non-v's section) tickets would be approx

Canada-Jamaica @BMO was $15 for non-group sale, $10 for 15 or more tickets.

To put things in perspective i paid $20 to attend the Canada-Jamaica friendly at Varsity in Sept. 99 and $25 for the Canada-Guatemala friendly in May of that year.

This brings up another very interesting question. What do you guys think is a fair price? I'll start the ball rolling:

Prime Seats (half way line): $90

Average Seats: $60

Cheapest Seats (behind goal and corners): $40

Concessions (U18 and Over 65): half price, N/A in Prime Seats.

Family Deal: For each Adult ticket, you can get up to two U18 tickets for $5 each (N/A in Prime Seats).

That is roughly correct. Though you need to add the service charges on those.

Except there are no concession tickets, unless the OSA gets a better deal than us for clubs.

Our ticket prices are essentially two options.

Via phone and code 26 + 15.50 in service charges + (possibly tax if it is not included in the service charge)

Via group sales and a boatload of difficulty it will be about $23/ticket.

Via phone and code 26 + 15.50 in service charges + (possibly tax if it is not included in the service charge)

Via group sales and a boatload of difficulty it will be about $23/ticket.

Is that $23 figure before or after service charges?

Is that $23 figure before or after service charges?

Probably more like $25 is a safer number to post.

That comes with a truck load logistical problems. Primarily me buying the tickets incrementally as people buy them through pay pal. Actually that is the easy part, it is the ticket distribution that will be the problem. The only way they will distribute the tickets is for pick up or courier per each group order. No electronic ticketing.

Otherwise people have to fax me their credit card information which I have to deliver to them on paper. That would be 20x$22 + group service charges per order.

It's a large amount of money for people to just buy and bring people, and too much for many people to simply front on their credit card. Not to mention not being overly joyed about faxing their information to someone they don't know.

Have to look into how this is possible via pay pal or google checkout. Not sure how you manage x number of orders, names and information via those services.

I am happy to do it, I just want to make sure the system makes sense and it does not turn into a serious problem.

Have you talked to the CSA about setting up a special code for the Voyageurs on ticketmaster like has been done in the past?

Yes, it was one of the options. However, it will be $26 + 15.50 service charge. Not even sure if that includes tax or not.

$23.50/ticket vs. $41.50/ticket.

Then can we get someone to slap them around until they propose something else... This is unacceptable.

Our tickets are not that much more than last time, I just wish we could do it via code and TM. It's the method that is the drawback.

We may be able to turn this to our advantage and borg more humans for the cause.

Our tickets are not that much more than last time, I just wish we could do it via code and TM. It's the method that is the drawback.

We may be able to turn this to our advantage and borg more humans for the cause.

I hear ya, it's just a pain that's all. That being said well if you need a hand with paper work, drop me a PM, glad to help out.

Seems like TicketMaster is the really annoying part here rather than the CSA. $41.50 + tax is a lot of cake to lay out for an end-zone seat, but I think we have to go that route. Keep it easy for people buying tickets as well as for those administering affairs.

Is it all one or the other? For example, could we have the TicketMaster setup for out-of-towners or people only going to one match, then do a group buy if a few people end up getting together on a bus and hotel between Toronto and Montreal?

Seems like TicketMaster is the really annoying part here rather than the CSA. $41.50 + tax is a lot of cake to lay out for an end-zone seat, but I think we have to go that route. Keep it easy for people buying tickets as well as for those administering affairs.

Is it all one or the other? For example, could we have the TicketMaster setup for out-of-towners or people only going to one match, then do a group buy if a few people end up getting together on a bus and hotel between Toronto and Montreal?

It's one or the other.

It may be possible to switch later, but not two at the same time.

Honestly, the cheaper the better. We don't want people to be worried about flight costs AND ticket costs. That would be enough to keep the "it's just a friendly" crowd away (at least I think so).

Someone needs to fire bomb Ticketbastard's headquarters.

Service charge that's 60% of the ticket cost? Brutal. I know for the Costa Rica friendly and Jamaica games I bought like 8 tickets. Not a chance at that price.

With the group-buy, we distribute option, is there any chance of getting those as e-tickets? Does that just present other challenges?

Service charge that's 60% of the ticket cost? Brutal. I know for the Costa Rica friendly and Jamaica games I bought like 8 tickets. Not a chance at that price.

With the group-buy, we distribute option, is there any chance of getting those as e-tickets? Does that just present other challenges?

Yes this is the main problem not the ticketprice that the CSA wants to charge. I fully agree they should be charging as much as TFC does for its games but having Ticketmaster tack on another 60% is robbery. The other bad thing is the incredibly complicated way the CSA wants to use for group sales to us, not at all encouraging us to get large numbers out for the game.

Archived