Canadian International Transfer Records

nolando

Please correct me and add to the list where necessary. Cheers.

1) Alphonso Davies: 2018 (Vancouver Whitecaps FC to Bayern Munich) ------- £10,000,000

2) Tomasz Radzinski: 2001 (RSC Anderlecht to FC Everton) ------------£4,500,000

3) David "Junior" Hoilett: 2012 (Blackburn to QPR)      ----------------£3,000,000
4) Rob Friend: 2006 (Molde FK to SC Heerenveen) ---------------------£1,800,000
5) Tomasz Radzinski: 2004 (FC Everton to Fulham FC)----------------- £1,750,000

6) Cyle Larin: 2018 (Orlando City SC to Beskitis)---------------------------£1,650,000

7) Rob Friend: 2010 (Borussia Mönchengladbach to Hertha Berlin)-------£1,510,000

8 ) Jim Brennan: 1999 (Bristol City to Nottingham Forest) ---------------£1,500,000
9) Atiba Hutchinson: 2006 (Helsingborg IF to FC Kopenhagen) ----------£1,350,000
10) Atiba Hutchinson: 2005 (Östers Växjö IF to Helsingborg IF) ----------£1,350,000

11) Doneil Henry: 2015 (Apollon Limassol to West Ham FC) -------------£1,330,000

12) Iain Hume: 2008 (Leicester City to FC Barnsley) ---------------------£1,200,000

13) Olivier Occean: 2012 (Greuther Fuerth to Eintracht Frankfurt)-----------£1,200,000
14) Paul Peschisolido: 1997 (West Bromwich Albion to Fulham FC) -------£1,100,000
15) Rob Friend: 2007 (SC Heerenveen to Borussia Mönchengladbach)----£1,080,000

16) Lars Hirschfeld: 2008 (Rosenborg BK to CFR Cluj) --------------------------£970,000

17) Olivier Occean: 2005 (Odd Grenland to Lillestrom)----------------------------£900,000
18) Iain Hume: 2005 (Tranmere Rovers to Leicester City) ------------------£675,000

19) Mike Klukowski: 2005 (AA La Louviere to Club Brugge KV) ----------- £630,000
20) Mike Klukowski: 2010 (Club Brugge KV to Ankara) --------------------- £613,000

21) Simeon Jackson: 2010 (Gillingham to Norwich City) --------------------£600,000

22) Jason de Vos: 2001 (Dundee United to Wigan Athletic) ----------------£500,000

23) Craig Forrest: 1997 (Ipswich Town to West Ham United) --------------£500,000

24) Scott Arfield 2010 (Falkirk to Huddersfield) --------------------------------£460,000
25) Kevin McKenna: 2007 (FC Energie Cottbus to FC Köln) ----------------£450,000

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Very nice list. When you consider that Wilson Palacios transfer from Wigan to Totenham was 20 millions Euros and David Suazo transfer was rumoured to be around 15 millions it puts things into perspective regarding the quality of sides like Honduras. It doesn't seems like we have players of that quality within the MNT at the moment (Hoillett probably being the closest to possibly reach that kind of value).

Your right loyola. I think one of the reasons why we tend to overestimate our players is that they generally play at respectable clubs (compared to most CONCACAF nations) but aren't major players. I agree Hoillett is closest to one day reach such a value, or perhaps JDG2 if he ever plays for us.

Both times, right? Didn't he leave Hannover on a free transfer to sign with Depor?

Looks like Heerenveen lost a fair bit on Rob Friend...and what were Helsingborg doing selling Atiba for the same price they paid for him?

Very nice list but the value on the top 3 appear to be quite a bit higher than the actual transfer.

The Gerba deal to Montreal was a trade I think.

The Radz ones are here: http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/en/tomasz-radzinski/transfers/spieler_3585.html although, like I said, I suspect not everything is correct. Let's fine tune it by giving me other sources. It seems like a natural resource for us to have on this site.

By the way, it's funny to see some of players always transferred (like Friend) while others haven't been sold once even after switching clubs numerous times.

The Radz ones are here: http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/en/tomasz-radzinski/transfers/spieler_3585.html although, like I said, I suspect not everything is correct. Let's fine tune it by giving me other sources. It seems like a natural resource for us to have on this site.

OK - I am going with these lower numbers as they look more legit and in line with what people remember: http://www.toffeeweb.com/players/past/Radzinski.asp

Very nice list. When you consider that Wilson Palacios transfer from Wigan to Totenham was 20 millions Euros and David Suazo transfer was rumoured to be around 15 millions it puts things into perspective regarding the quality of sides like Honduras.

It's hard to compare the numbers nolando put first with Palacios transfer at 20 millions Euros as well as Suazo's. For example, Tomasz Radzinski: 2001 (RSC Anderlecht to FC Everton) ------------£4,500,000. Radzinski was 27 years old in 2001, suppose Razinski is 27 years old today and is a about to be transfered, his market value will certainly be worth more than 4.5 millions Euro.

EDIT: but on the other hand, a sad fact is that today we don't have a player like Radzinski, unless Hoilett...

Very nice list. When you consider that Wilson Palacios transfer from Wigan to Totenham was 20 millions Euros and David Suazo transfer was rumoured to be around 15 millions it puts things into perspective regarding the quality of sides like Honduras. It doesn't seems like we have players of that quality within the MNT at the moment (Hoillett probably being the closest to possibly reach that kind of value).

Or, that TFC got $5Mill (USD) from Rangers for Mo Edu.

Two figures jump out at me as the biggest busts on the list: how about OO for almost a million and then released to a B3 team for nothing, or Lars playing a total of 5 league games for his 'mil?

As for highly valued Canadians, according to http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/en/ (which is admittedly not perfect) the values for our top guys are as follow:

Hutchinson -----------£3,150,000

Friend ----------------£2,250,000

Klukowski ------------£1,620,000

Julian de Guzman -------£1,575,000

McKenna --------------£ 1,350,000

Hoilet ------------------£1.350.000

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Just came across a random mention about an insanely high transfer fee once allegedly paid for Dave Simpson:

"Despite his efforts at the end of the 2006 season, Lombard-Pápa was relegated. Dave was sold and signed with Czech giants AC Sparta Prague in the summer of 2006 as one of the biggest Hungarian transfer deals that summer at 352.000 £. "

Can anyone on this board confirm this number? If so, I'd like to put him on the list.

Edit: transfermarkt has it so I think I will run with this number: http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/en/dave-simpson/transfers/spieler_42889.html

^Do I have this right? The exchange rate in min-2006 was approximately 1.5 Euros for every British Pound, so Simpson's (Again, for those of you just joining us this is DAVID Simpson, not Josh) transfer was in the ballpark of 520,00 Euros?!?!?

That's more than Koln paid for McKenna a year after that and almost as much as Norwich paid for Simeon Jackson. Staggering if true.

Could some kind soul please confirm my math before I add him to the list?

• 1 year later...

Haven't revisited this thread for a long time. Was wondering about the £1.5million for Henry number here: http://www.london24.com/sport/football/clubs/west-ham/west_ham_confirm_first_january_signing_as_winston_reid_future_remains_unclear_1_3904454 Does that seem legit? Please PM me if you have some inside info that would help corroborate

Have there been any big transfers over the past 2.5 years that need to be added to the list? What would Jakovic have cost S-Pulse, I wonder?

• 6 months later...

Archived