SuperLiga

In the mean time, I would settle for an automatic spot in the CCL group stage.
That won't happen BEFORE we get a second spot. Every country with an automatic spot already has 2 spots. Also, El Salvador has 2 spots but they don't have an automatic one. CFU has 3 spots, yet no spot is automatic neither. These 2 federations will get an automatic spot before we do as it stands now.

Let's wait for a second spot first, then we'll fight for an automatic group stage spot with the second one to help our cause.

That won't happen BEFORE we get a second spot. Every country with an automatic spot already has 2 spots. Also, El Salvador has 2 spots but they don't have an automatic one. CFU has 3 spots, yet no spot is automatic neither. These 2 federations will get an automatic spot before we do as it stands now.

Let's wait for a second spot first, then we'll fight for an automatic group stage spot with the second one to help our cause.

We may have to wait a few years then. There's no way we'll be granted a second spot until we get more pro teams. I can't imagine two out of four teams in this country making it to the CCL qualifying stage. Even two out of five or six would be a high probability given the number of teams in other pro leagues in CONCACAF.

At any rate, the reason why I brought up the automatic spot was because, if I remember correctly, the CSA was vying for an automatic spot in the CCL group stage. Money talks in CONCACAF, and if our continental governing body recognizes that it can make a buck off of high attendance figures in Canadian cities, it will buck the current trend of automatic spots and give one straight to us.

but if they make money won't it be better if they won the tournament and win the prize money?

The answer is no.

The prize money is marginal and winning the competition will mean bonuses have to be paid out (probably will exceed the prize of the tourney).

We may have to wait a few years then. There's no way we'll be granted a second spot until we get more pro teams. I can't imagine two out of four teams in this country making it to the CCL qualifying stage. Even two out of five or six would be a high probability given the number of teams in other pro leagues in CONCACAF.
All of that is true IMO. :(

At any rate, the reason why I brought up the automatic spot was because, if I remember correctly, the CSA was vying for an automatic spot in the CCL group stage. Money talks in CONCACAF, and if our continental governing body recognizes that it can make a buck off of high attendance figures in Canadian cities, it will buck the current trend of automatic spots and give one straight to us.
That's our only hope. But it depends on how many chances the canadian representative gives to CONCACRAP to realize we can draw lots of people for these games. I don't believe how well the team fares is really a factor when it comes to allowing spots, but it still has to reach the group stage so we can prove our point. The fact the Impact reached the quarters is not that relevant to CONCACRAP, but the fact we were 55K in the Big O is. Oh wait, I just saw a mistake in your post...

At any rate, the reason why I brought up the automatic spot was because, if I remember correctly, the CSA was vying for an automatic spot in the CCL group stage thus willing to hand out some gifts / brown envelopes. Money talks in CONCACAF, and our continental governing body recognizes that it can make a buck off of desperate federations by accepting bribes from them, so it will buck the current trend of automatic spots and give one straight to us.
FYP

Archived