rdroze

3 hours ago, SthMelbRed said:

This was widely reported in the aftermath of the vote. I believe that Platini was on record with his intention to vote for the US until he was summoned to a meeting with Sarkozy. He then changed and voted for Qatar.

Thanks.  I may have missed that one.  I was going to go back and post that link in the  long thread that we had going here the day that QATAR was awarded the world cup. But i couldnt find it.

getting back to your point.  It may have been reported at the time of the vote but we tend to treat these different at the time compared to when we look at these things now with the benefit of time.  Qatar did order shitload Airbus aircraft that was having trouble finding buyers and they also ordered some $17bill US worth of Raffales military jets. Plus the investment in PSG especially when you conside that there would have been better clubs to buy outside of France. 

Edited by Free kick

• 2 months later...
  • 2 years later...

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/sports/soccer/article-former-fifa-officials-sepp-blatter-michel-platini-indicted-on-fraud/

Blatter and Platini indicted on fraud charges.

quote from the article:
Former FIFA officials Sepp Blatter and Michel Platini were charged with fraud and other offences by Swiss prosecutors on Tuesday after a six-year investigation into a controversial $2-million payment.

The 85-year-old Blatter and 66-year-old Platini now face a trial at federal criminal court in Bellinzona. They could be jailed for several years if found guilty, though Swiss cases often take years to reach a conclusion.

we have often heard that justice is slow.  But this takes the cake.  how many years has it been since this thread first started? Ans:  This thread started in 2010!  And only now we hear that that they will go to trial, and that in the swiss system, this could take years. 

Edited by Free kick