rdroze

"The allegation is that he failed to report to the authorites a report made to him that Bin Hammam intended to make payments. Mr Blatter's version is that indeed Mr Warner told him that the meeting was going to be held and take Bin Hammam intended to make these payments. Warner denies the allegations, he says he never says anything like that. Blatter says he was told. Blatter says the obligation to report did not arise because he was asked for advice and an opinion and informed Warner that that should not happen. So he did not have the evidence that a wrongdoing had taken place. At that stage no wrongdoing had occurred, he was only being asked for a view and he discouraged the asker."

Wait, i don't get this. Why would Warner tell Blatter?

Edited by jpg75

The elephant in the room everyone is forgetting is that this is happening in Switzerland, and the Swiss government have done nothing. They make it comfortable for international organizations wioth corrupt practices to thrive within their border. It is good that FIFA is investigating this, but it should not just be FIFA investigating itself. The Swiis should hang their heads in shame!

"The allegation is that he failed to report to the authorites a report made to him that Bin Hammam intended to make payments. Mr Blatter's version is that indeed Mr Warner told him that the meeting was going to be held and take Bin Hammam intended to make these payments. Warner denies the allegations, he says he never says anything like that. Blatter says he was told. Blatter says the obligation to report did not arise because he was asked for advice and an opinion and informed Warner that that should not happen. So he did not have the evidence that a wrongdoing had taken place. At that stage no wrongdoing had occurred, he was only being asked for a view and he discouraged the asker."

Wait, i don't get this. Why would Warner tell Blatter?

So that Blatter would pay more.

So that Blatter would pay more.

Ah, of course. I really need to brush up on my corruption 101!

Beaches, the bribes took place in T&T so it would be up to them to investigate. Word is that Bin Hammam staged his visa difficulties so that he couldn't attend the CONCACAF AGM in Miami and thus wouldn't risk bribery charges in the US.

The elephant in the room everyone is forgetting is that this is happening in Switzerland, and the Swiss government have done nothing. They make it comfortable for international organizations wioth corrupt practices to thrive within their border. It is good that FIFA is investigating this, but it should not just be FIFA investigating itself. The Swiis should hang their heads in shame!

The Swiss are the holders of the Americas Cup for Ocean going racing Yatch's. Why should them doing things arse about face suprise anyone?

The winners of the Bids have to sign up to FIFA paying no taxes on the Tournament. Defacto Diplomatic immunity from Prosecution for any of their officials. Fifa take all the TV revenue. And like the South African FA pick up the tab for all their new (mostly empty) Stadia.

If I still lived in the UK I'd be so glad that the FA only wasted 13 million on these Bozo's

So the Sepp Blatter apointed Ethics Committe, suspends Warner and the Other Fella, but clears Sepp Blatter.

Never saw that comming.

He didn't invent teflon did he?

Hey man, Sepp Blatter is the ideal governor for global soccer. He's totally up to date on the latest technology. He's not a sexist and he's totally not corr...

Ok I can't finish that string. Yeah, it's bull**** through and through.

Ah, of course. I really need to brush up on my corruption 101!

Beaches, the bribes took place in T&T so it would be up to them to investigate. Word is that Bin Hammam staged his visa difficulties so that he couldn't attend the CONCACAF AGM in Miami and thus wouldn't risk bribery charges in the US.

It's "business," not corruption. You really didn't do well in that Advanced Business Ethics class ;)

This is actually impressive in a perverse sort of way. Sepp is like a corruption virtuoso.

You watched that too?

That was something else. Some of those reporters were angry as hell and didn't care for the speaker telling them to pipe down. I was amazed he kept returning to the microphone to take verbal jabs at their attitudes.

You watched that too?

That was something else. Some of those reporters were angry as hell and didn't care for the speaker telling them to pipe down. I was amazed he kept returning to the microphone to take verbal jabs at their attitudes.

Yeah I did. It was the British press and really annoying. Especially considering how much the English preach about order and being proper. OK here's a hint - you came in dead last. Stop the petulant fingerpointing and lashing out at anyone and everything in sight and look in the mirror. The latins may dive on the field but the English are all over the ground off it.

It will be crappy to have Blatter for another 4 years but if that is the price to get rid of Warner it may be worth it.

Yeah, but who is going to replace him? Chuck Blazer? Is there anyone not similarly tainted of Corruption in CONCACAF who could replace him without teh same old same old?

It will be interesting to see what happens to Blatter. I am not sure he will be able to shuck and jive his way out of this one without giving up office.

Yeah, but who is going to replace him? Chuck Blazer? Is there anyone not similarly tainted of Corruption in CONCACAF who could replace him without teh same old same old?

Apparently not...

New CONCACAF chief turns on Blazer in FIFA row

The soccer controversy that led to the banning of two leading FIFA officials has taken another twist with CONCACAF's new interim president taking aim at his general secretary Chuck Blazer.

Barbadian Lisle Austin, appointed interim president on Monday in place of suspended Trinidadian Jack Warner, moved quickly by issuing Blazer with a demand to explain himself and to stop working with the U.S. lawyers who presented evidence against Warner.

It was Blazer's report to FIFA's Ethics Committee, which included allegations of bribery against Warner and Asian soccer chief Mohammed Bin Hammam of Qatar, that led to this week's explosion of accusations and counter-accusations at world football's governing body in Zurich.

In a letter to Blazer seen by Reuters, Austin gave the American 48 hours to explain by what authority he appointed Chicago-based lawyers Collins and Collins to conduct investigations into the members of CONCACAF, the Confederation of North, Central American and Caribbean Association Football.

The letter also asks Blazer to produce minutes or documentation to show the decision was taken by the confederation's executive committee and to stop Collins and Collins from "conducting any business" including legal advice or representation for CONCACAF.

Lawyer John Collins has had a long-standing relationship with CONCACAF and with the U.S. Soccer Federation.

Blazer was not immediately available for comment but the letter indicates the new post-Warner CONCACAF is unlikely to make a harmonious start.

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/30052011/2/new-concacaf-chief-turns-blazer-fifa-row.html

Apparently not...

New CONCACAF chief turns on Blazer in FIFA row

The soccer controversy that led to the banning of two leading FIFA officials has taken another twist with CONCACAF's new interim president taking aim at his general secretary Chuck Blazer.

Barbadian Lisle Austin, appointed interim president on Monday in place of suspended Trinidadian Jack Warner, moved quickly by issuing Blazer with a demand to explain himself and to stop working with the U.S. lawyers who presented evidence against Warner.

It was Blazer's report to FIFA's Ethics Committee, which included allegations of bribery against Warner and Asian soccer chief Mohammed Bin Hammam of Qatar, that led to this week's explosion of accusations and counter-accusations at world football's governing body in Zurich.

In a letter to Blazer seen by Reuters, Austin gave the American 48 hours to explain by what authority he appointed Chicago-based lawyers Collins and Collins to conduct investigations into the members of CONCACAF, the Confederation of North, Central American and Caribbean Association Football.

The letter also asks Blazer to produce minutes or documentation to show the decision was taken by the confederation's executive committee and to stop Collins and Collins from "conducting any business" including legal advice or representation for CONCACAF.

Lawyer John Collins has had a long-standing relationship with CONCACAF and with the U.S. Soccer Federation.

Blazer was not immediately available for comment but the letter indicates the new post-Warner CONCACAF is unlikely to make a harmonious start.

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/30052011/2/new-concacaf-chief-turns-blazer-fifa-row.html

The infighting is only good for FIFA. The more they fight, the more the corruption comes out, the more untenable the anti-Reform position of the organization.

Now Qatar is preparing to take action. "Qatar 2022 categorically deny any wrongdoing in connection with their winning bid," it said in a statement released on Monday afternoon. "We are urgently seeking clarification from Fifa about the statement from their general secretary. In the meantime we are taking legal advice to consider our options."

Valcke and the Fifa president, Sepp Blatter, are due to hold a press conference at 5pm on Monday.

Clearly time to suspend the Q for going to court.