TFC Playing Colo-Colo in Waterloo?

BugerKing

From the rumblings I'm hearing, it's between Nicholas Lindsay, Doneil Henry and Allando Matheson as to which Academy kid will be the first signed to a pro contract by TFC. (Matt Stinson also has an outside shot.)

The interesting thing is that they each play in a different position (D, M, F), so we could realistically see all three of them at least make the big squad at some point in the future.

Here's the TFC take on the match:

http://www.torontofc.ca/news/2010/06/academy-draws-thrilling-match

The young Reds were 15 minutes away from pulling off a shock win leading 4-2, but Colo Colo scored two late goals.

There is no underestimating the size of the achievement for the Academy who finished with five players from the Junior team on the pitch. Colo Colo started many of their first team players and made just two changes throughout the night.

From the rumblings I'm hearing, it's between Nicholas Lindsay, Doneil Henry and Allando Matheson as to which Academy kid will be the first signed to a pro contract by TFC. (Matt Stinson also has an outside shot.)

The interesting thing is that they each play in a different position (D, M, F), so we could realistically see all three of them at least make the big squad at some point in the future.

Judging from the Vancouver game in the V Cup, it should be Henry. Lad played extremely well.

Very good result for Jason Bent and his charges

I also look at this result as a testament to the quality of the CSL and the excellent experience the TFC-A youngsters are getting by playing in the CSL.

The Academy team is on a roll and playing well. They defeated Brantford Galaxy last week, a team full of European pros. Clearly there is some quality there. I have not seen them up close yet as Milltown FC doesn't face them for a few weeks but it should be very interesting to see how our team fares against that group.

^ Great point. The CSL is great for the Academy (as well as MIA). Wrt Henry, he is a year younger than Lindsay, Matheson & Stinson, so TFC could wait a year for him. Sign all 3 graduates if they are good enough. They could always loan them to CSL for PT if not used regularly like they do with Kocic.

Very good result for Jason Bent and his charges

I also look at this result as a testament to the quality of the CSL and the excellent experience the TFC-A youngsters are getting by playing in the CSL.

The Academy team is on a roll and playing well. They defeated Brantford Galaxy last week, a team full of European pros. Clearly there is some quality there. I have not seen them up close yet as Milltown FC doesn't face them for a few weeks but it should be very interesting to see how our team fares against that group.

I agree. The CSL looks like a great place to have our academy team playing. With you, some of it's self-promotion :P but it's also truth. Hopefully TFCA extends the academy down to U-14 next year and adds another few years of professional development to their program. I have a feeling our academy programs (for all pro teams) are going to be quite instrumental in developing quality Canadian internationals.

Archived