Whitecaps FC New Jersey

Razcle

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Even Argentina wore a strip similar to the new Caps shirt in the WC. It is just generic Adidas, using even the same pantone on the colour for teams with DIFFERENT blues historically, cookie cutter stuff.

Even so, at least the shirt is blue, we are talking about minimums here.

The home shirt is a bit different, but it is does not say "Whitecaps" at all. The graduated stripes is a slight change.

Fortunately shirts change almost yearly, or can be altered over time, and they will come around when they realize that they are not going to sell the white shirt that much, they'll need to spice it up and take it back to something recognizable.

in response to Vancouversoccerman,

I started at the beginning of this forum, and haven't made it to the end of this string yet but I had to comment on "Vansoccerman"... inspirational dude, inspirational!

I too have issues with the Branding but I feel 100% the same about the Caps as Vancouversoccerman, I also have issues with the Southsiders (I've seen it and IMHO, they're not what they say they are) but they do have every right to support and call themselves supporters, just as Trailist has every right to be upset about the new look.

One thing is for certian, as a outfit the Caps have hit the ground running, and everthing Vansoccerman is wishing for is not "out of the realm"…

No, if you read my posts, you'll see that I said I have issues with the new Brand and the current supporters group, but I echo the sentiments of vansoccerman's hopes for the future of the Caps and Canadian soccer, this thread morphed into a battle between some dude in spain and the Southsiders president, I was mearly expressing that I was not taking sides.

But I have interacted with you lot on occasion through other boards and the result is always the same, I state an opinion "substantiated" or not and you all come out and get all "riled up" so I say what I say without any offense, and you may do with that what you want.

One day I may start a thread titled "My issues with the Southsiders" but until then? please don't get to riled up... carry on dudes

I'm not riled up at all. Just curious at to what you meant, and what about the Southsiders wasn't to your liking. It you don't wish to have such a conversation, that's not a problem.

Its not that I don't want to talk about it, its just that it wasn't the point I was trying to make, I didn't want to loose sight of the topic at hand, which is what has happened anyway.

Wheres that dude in Spain that thinks the Caps folded the tents over to the MLS?!?!?

Nope... thats what in my humble opinion means... I mean i could say I hate rush hour traffic without having to "substantiate" it.

fairly abstractly but I have to disagree with this line of thinking, technically I could be of the opinion that poop has magical properties, and then you would probably be of the opinion that I'm an idiot, and despite the fact that were just talking opinions, you'd be right and I'd be an idiot. If you can't back up an opinion (for example you could easily explain why you hate rush hour traffic) it's not worth much and maybe you should toss it away.

fairly abstractly but I have to disagree with this line of thinking, technically I could be of the opinion that poop has magical properties, and then you would probably be of the opinion that I'm an idiot, and despite the fact that were just talking opinions, you'd be right and I'd be an idiot. If you can't back up an opinion (for example you could easily explain why you hate rush hour traffic) it's not worth much and maybe you should toss it away.

Exactly

The white kit looks nice, the blue one pretty regular.

MLS needs to step in the apparel department. This Adidas contract runs for another 5 years or so (groan), but half the problem is they have some bush league third party that designs the MLS crests. That's the biggest issue right now IMO.

Archived