What is the best move for Simeon Jackson?

nolando

Since it looks likely he will be sold this summer, where do you think would be the best club for him?

I was tempted to pick Owls as they will push to go up and he could potentially follow them to the Championship. On the other hand it would be nice for him to play against some top level competition in case he does have what it takes to go much higher, while still playing against a lot of weaker sides to gain confidence. One place where he could do both is the SPL and with Aberdeen being a mid-table side he theoretically should have to work hard to be a starter (which I think he needs) while still getting a lot (and a wide range) of playing time.

Damn, I was going to vote Leeds and the majority, but went with Aberdeen at the last minute. I like how Hutch has committed himself to playing European football rather than signing with lesser teams at higher levels. Aberdeen could be back in Europe in 2011/12. If Jackson could score in the SPL, I could see him getting to a bigger club in Holland or maybe even Germany.

Anywhere but Leeds. I would like to see him stay in England. I think the move from Scotland to the top leagues in Europe like the Premier League is not as easy as it is to go from the Championship to the Premier League.

Anywhere but Leeds. I would like to see him stay in England. I think the move from Scotland to the top leagues in Europe like the Premier League is not as easy as it is to go from the Championship to the Premier League.

Has Aberdeen ever expressed interest in him? I only remember clubs from England but SPL would be perfect for him.

• 10 months later...

Archived