TFC vs. Kansas City

jpg75

TFC's last game for 3 weeks, gotta make this one count.

TFC are 4-0 at home on the season having outscored the opposition 9-2.

Since winning their first 2 games KC are 0-5-2 with only 5 goals scored in that stretch. Their leading scorer and Capt. Davy Arnaud is suspended for this game. They're also missing LB/LM Roger Espinoza who is away on WC duty with Honduras.

^^ I am agreeing with that, plus he had the most offensive chances (mind you he didn't finish) this game than I have seen from him in a TFC jersey. Effort was 100% until he pulled up lame near the end of the game, too bad the JDG quality we are all accustom to seeing was not, or else the scoreline for this game would have been different.

Well, well, well. A ref known for being red card happy and who obliges him? Your good friend Garcia. God how many ways will Garcia find to cost TFC points before his buddy Preki benches him? I mean seriously you guys should have 3 points instead you get 1. Real favoritism as far as I can see. Yea the straight red was harsh but you know who is reffing don't you? Flying in studs up and drawing blood? Hard to see that one not costing you. Yea I know the ref didn't see the blood but clumsy late (gee you think Garcia might be TOO SLOW for this league Preki?) challenges leave you at the mercy of the ref.

On the good news side he won't cost you any points next game because he won't be in it! Hopefully someone steps up to his position and says "this one's mine, go find another job" with a great performance in it so we won't see any more of Garcia this year.

Poor game for DeRo and JDG, poor and boring. I expect much better from DeRo, yet sometimes he loses the ball so easily or he makes some poor decisions that disappoints me to no end.

De Ro and most of the other starters were gassed in the 2nd half. Although the Ref evened things up mid-way through the second, TFC's 10 men had done a lot of running in the heat & sun for about 50 minutes and I think that killed most of the TFC players and certainly the game.

As for De Guzman, about 2 minutes after Barret was subbed off he pulled up and asked to be subbed off to, clutching his hamstring, only to be reminded by Labrocca that they'd already made their 3 subs by that point. I don't know if he completed a single pass after that and was often just walking around. He received some treatment during the game, but as soon as whistle blew he went immediately into the dressing room for treatment while all the other players stayed on the field. At least he's got 3 weeks to re-heal it. I was more frustrated with O'Brian White as he should have been running his socks off as the last sub yet instead of being high energy he seemed to be trotting out there and I can't remember him even touching the ball once. I caught sight of Preki screaming at him to run a bit more, so I suspect I wasn't the only one frustrated. Most of all though I was frustrated by that officiating. Blatent pk missed and completely inconsistent on what constituted a foul or was card-worthy.

Well, well, well. A ref known for being red card happy and who obliges him? Your good friend Garcia. God how many ways will Garcia find to cost TFC points before his buddy Preki benches him? I mean seriously you guys should have 3 points instead you get 1. Real favoritism as far as I can see. Yea the straight red was harsh but you know who is reffing don't you? Flying in studs up and drawing blood? Hard to see that one not costing you. Yea I know the ref didn't see the blood but clumsy late (gee you think Garcia might be TOO SLOW for this league Preki?) challenges leave you at the mercy of the ref.

On the good news side he won't cost you any points next game because he won't be in it! Hopefully someone steps up to his position and says "this one's mine, go find another job" with a great performance in it so we won't see any more of Garcia this year.

Not big on Garcia but he didn't deserve a card of any sort...a yellow at most, but not a red.

If he deserved a red, then KC should have got one almost immediately after when Barrett got kicked in the face.

Unfortunately, Toledo's a moron and didn't even caution the player.

Not big on Garcia but he didn't deserve a card of any sort...a yellow at most, but not a red.

If he deserved a red, then KC should have got one almost immediately after when Barrett got kicked in the face.

Unfortunately, Toledo's a moron and didn't even caution the player.

Definately a yellow but the players have to be aware of who is reffing the game. Yea KC deserved it but like you said the ref is a moron at best. A trigger happy ref with an attitude to boot means you have to be cautious. Garcia is just too slow and yet keeps getting playing time. Go figure. Oh well they didn't lose all 3 points but taking 3 from weak teams like KC is important.

Yea the players looked gassed by time they got to even strength. I was hoping the game would open up a bit but the subs are disappointing. Nobody from the bench stepped up. Hopefully next game we see someone take over the left back role.

Yes I was very disappointed with OBW. He brought nothing when Toronto really needed him and I'm starting to think the guy's overrated.

OBW is overrated (or at least on these forums). I can't believe some fans want him to play for Canada. lol

MLS really needs to fire this ref. He is awful! Cost TFC couple of points!

I'm interested to know what people thought of Bunbury.

I liked some of his runs. He seemed to have pretty good speed and strength for someone his age, but I'll admit I missed stretches of the match.

He's playing wide, with Smith on the other side, both alternating. Took on a guy or two while looking to get a shot off, so the 1 v 1 confidence is good. Not as much of a threat as Smith was, however.

Just to add, I thought Gargan had a good game. A couple of times he got caught out for pace but he anticipated and closed down the original pass effectively on a number of occasions without the need to take fouls (as opposed to the Russian and Latvian guys riding pine today).

Archived