Wagenaar to trial at Kansas City

nolando

Wagenaar should sign with Whitecaps next year. Hopefully cracks a spot in MLS this year, then next year, Vancouver will pick him up from expansion draft.

I think it will be very interesting to see if the Whitecaps try and scoop up other Canadians in the MLS who aren't with TFC. When Montreal join the league as well the Canadian talent may start to get pretty diluted within the league.

I think, with no real proof, three Canadian teams may see more of our higher end talent in Europe come over here...I have aways though that iain hume is a player that may excel in the MLS and now he has more options which may imprve his offers...i.e salary....

Well, you know my feelings about Josh and the likelihood that he will be starting in MLS anytime soon.

Here's a pic of him during scrimmage recently:

http://blog.seattletimes.nwsource.com/sounders/leves%20goal.JPG

Boss (who is under contract) and Eylander (who was but now is not) look to be Josh's competition for back-up. Both have played only a single game each for Sounders FC, although both our Northwest products so may be willing to stick around and play for the peanuts that one would presumably earn for not playing in Seattle.

Well, you know my feelings about Josh and the likelihood that he will be starting in MLS anytime soon.

TBH, most of your comments are based on his club situationn games you saw him play. I've recently been able to watch the Venezuela game and he looked OK, maybe slightly out of position on the goal but made a pretty solid save in the second half.

I'm not sure he could start in the MLS, certainly not in a team with Kasey Keller, but he's still young so it could be a good place to learn and improve (like Lars did at Totenham when he was behind him ;))

TBH, most of your comments are based on his club situationn games you saw him play. I've recently been able to watch the Venezuela game and he looked OK, maybe slightly out of position on the goal but made a pretty solid save in the second half.

Well you are right in a sense. I saw him start the same number of matches as the number in which he started past season, which is none. And what I am giving is a prediction on my part. I watched the Ven game too and am not convinced. What I trying to do is get a more sensible and accurate evaluation of our Canadian player pool based on not only MNT appearances and their most recent season at club level, but also their career path and the trend of their transfers, etc. I just simply find him unexplicably overrated. AND still, I honestly hope to see him land a gig in the MLS and prove me wrong.

Back on topic, for those who know about the MLS workings inside, I am wondering, after the KC runour, if Josh has been signed to a trial contract by the league. perhaps?

Is there a trial version of the job that Edwards was doing as a league-controlled emergency back-up?

And are there any D2 teams in desperate need of a starter? It seems that Josh should consider kicking the tires around North America if, as it seems he does, he wants to play on this side of the pond.

Archived