Canucks in Germany - Off Season Thread

Guest Ed

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You can watch Offenbach highlights here http://www.hr-online.de/website/rubriken/sport/index.jsp?rubrik=18714, but they don't keep each game very long so you got to catch them while they're there. Today's game not there yet but it should be soon.

The highlights are up. Occeans goals aren't spectacular but are good finishes. Took some skill to get his foot on the ball for the second one. Coach Wolfgang Wolf is not happy with the team's play despite the 3 victories and 4-1 result. He is particularly upset with his team on the Bayern goal. The fans interviewed at the beginning on the other hand are completely satisfied.

Stalteri's still in no-man's land but he is mentioned in this article, which I am hoping is from August 4th, and not April 8th: http://www.express.de/sport/fussball/gladbach/wechsel-nach-holland-/-/3286/4533296/-/index.html

Mönchengladbach –

Angelt sich der VV Venlo Mittelfeldspieler Gal Alberman?

Der Klub aus der „Eredivisie“ soll auf Empfehlung seines Kapitäns Patrick Paauwe die Fühler nach dem Israeli ausgestreckt haben.

Venlos Fußballdirektor Mario Captein: „Wenn Patrick meint, der Junge könnte für uns eine gute Verstärkung sein, dann nehmen wir das auch ernst.“

Bei Borussia haben die Holländer allerdings noch nicht offiziell angeklopft.

„Fakt ist, dass wir beim Test in Venlo mit den Verantwortlichen über Gal gesprochen haben. Auch über Callsen-Bracker und Stalteri. Das war es bislang aber auch“, verrät Sportdirektor Max Eberl dem EXPRESS.

For all of the German followers, is there any news on whether JLL has actually transfered to Cottbus or whether the loan has just been extended. He went over there August of 2009 and the Whitecaps site says that it was just a season long loan. I want to know if has followed Straith with a permanent move to Europe, or whether he is an option for the Whitecaps in MLS next year.

SVWW 1-1 Kickers Offenbach early in the second half.

OO and Ledgerwood started the game. OO picked up a YC after 25 min.

Kickers wins 2-1. OO and Nik played the whole game.

OO didn't score but got a touch leading to both goal. Highlights here:

http://www.hr-online.de/website/rubriken/sport/index.jsp?rubrik=55641&key=standard_document_39554127&mediakey=fs/heimspiel/20100807_heimspiel_offenbach_wehen_wiesbaden&type=v

Kickers wins 2-1. OO and Nik played the whole game.

OO didn't score but got a touch leading to both goal. Highlights here:

http://www.hr-online.de/website/rubriken/sport/index.jsp?rubrik=55641&key=standard_document_39554127&mediakey=fs/heimspiel/20100807_heimspiel_offenbach_wehen_wiesbaden&type=v

At the beginning of the match they show Occean and the announcer says, "He is actually far too good for the third division, and I am not quoting a nobody but rather Offenbach President and former world class striker Dieter Mueller."

At the beginning of the match they show Occean and the announcer says, "He is actually far too good for the third division, and I am not quoting a nobody but rather Offenbach President and former world class striker Dieter Mueller."

This is exactly why I am not too excited about all of this. I just keep thinking about how much of a pity it is he isn't in a more suitable league. If he were younger I'd say it was fine for development (he's playing and he's scoring, right?) but since he is almost 29 now, it seems like a waste of his talent and his later prime years to me.

Thanks. I also read that in a couple of article about OO.

BTW, OO received a 2.5 from kicker.de while Ledgerwood got the worst rating among all the starters with a 4.

This is exactly why I am not too excited about all of this. I just keep thinking about how much of a pity it is he isn't in a more suitable league. If he were younger I'd say it was fine for development (he's playing and he's scoring, right?) but since he is almost 29 now, it seems like a waste of his talent and his later prime years to me.

Yeah but from what a very good source that knows him told me, he is getting way more money than in Norway or what he would probably get in the MLS and he thinks the level of play is much better in Germany (even in D3) than in Norway.

Thanks for the inside info above. OO could be on the move along with his new coach if they have a great 3rd div season.

Adam Straith is 3rd in minutes played for Energie Cottbus, having started all 10 exhibition games to date. His emergence on the team is also confirmed as his sweater number has changed from #33 to #4 for this coming season.

thanks for the inside info above.

Adam straith is 3rd in minutes played for energie cottbus, having started all 10 exhibition games to date. His emergence on the team is also confirmed as his sweater number has changed from #33 to #4 for this coming season.

nice!

OO is the number one rated player in the Liga 3 kicker rankings entering into week 4 of the season.

Here are the opening matchups involving teams with Cdns for the German FA Cup (DFB Pokal) which starts this weekend:

Fri 13.08.

None

Sat 14.08.

15:30

SC Pfullendorf - Hertha BSC -:- (-:-) ROB FRIEND

19:30

SV Sandhausen - FC Augsburg -:- (-:-) MARCEL DE JONG (inj)

Erzgebirge Aue - Borussia M'gladbach -:- (-:-) PAUL STALTERI

Sun 15.08.

14:30

ZFC Meuselwitz - 1. FC Köln -:- (-:-) KEVIN MCKENNA

TuS Heeslingen - Energie Cottbus -:- (-:-) ADAM STRAITH

17:30

Preußen Münster JONATHAN BEAULIEU-BOURGAULT - VfL Wolfsburg -:- (-:-)

Kickers Offenbach OLIVIER OCCEAN - VfL Bochum -:- (-:-)

Looks like Fabrice Lassonde is on the first team roster of FC Ingolstadt 04. http://www.fcingolstadt.de/index.php Anyone know if he has played in any pre-season games?

He did not play in the last few exhibition games but I also found an article saying he had moved up to the senior side.

http://www.donaukurier.de/sport/fussball/fcingolstadt04/fc04-team/spieler/Mittelfeld-Fabrice-Lassonde;art143511,2146691

Archived