Will there be a proper presentation of the Cup?

I was wondering if there will be a proper pregame presentation of the Cup to TFC from a Voyageur? It was done the last two years and I thought it was part of the agreement for letting the CSA use the Cup.

The CSA and TFC had plenty of time to ask for a Voyageur rep to deliver the trophy to TFC on Wednesday since they had already clinched, but the presentation was just the usual CSA scum and corporate suits putting themselves infront of the cameras.

If there will be a presentation in the future, then it would be good to know when and to use this thread to nominate a Toronto-based V to do it. If there isn't a presentation, then I would like to know why since I thought that was part of the deal.

There is not going to be another presentation.

It didn't go down the way we would like, and I hope it can be rectified in the future.

We were bumped for the sponsor. In addition, there was no script/planning for what became at the last minute a presentation, while the pre game future presentation was scrapped.

I know a lot of people are very upset. It is an important piece of exposure for us, and in addition one of the most important things this organization has done and people take it personally.

Please do not contact the CSA regarding this, launch protests, burn police cars ect... The CSA wants us to succeed. This needs to be addressed properly to let them know how important this is for us.

Thanks,

JM

There is not going to be another presentation.

It didn't go down the way we would like, and I hope it can be rectified in the future.

We were bumped for the sponsor. In addition, there was no script/planning for what became at the last minute a presentation, while the pre game future presentation was scrapped.

I know a lot of people are very upset. It is an important piece of exposure for us, and in addition one of the most important things this organization has done and people take it personally.

Please do not contact the CSA regarding this, launch protests, burn police cars ect... The CSA wants us to succeed. This needs to be addressed properly to let them know how important this is for us.

Thanks,

JM

Your drinking kool-aid, bumped by the sponsor ... that was planned a heck of a long time before, as i said in another thread your going to see the Voyageurs Cup name degraded to nothing as sponsors want the Cup to be the Nutralite Cup.

It is time to ***** and complain cause the Cup is being degraded by the same group Blazers... that never had a Cup at all.

Seriously... its the same old same old, dont buy in... push argue.... and use politics.

I sure as hell am writing the CSA Blazer's I know to get something done.

I sure as hell am writing the CSA Blazer's I know to get something done.

Personally, I don't think that helps anything other than making you feel a little better.

It would seem that we have a liaison with the CSA for something exactly like this. Having a unified front for something like this looks a lot better and will probably be taken more seriously than having random pockets of people complain.

Just my opinion though.

I was hoping that Rudi would be able to award the Voyageurs Cup to TFC again. Perhaps they could do it again at a later date, but if they could perhaps strive to do so IN THE FUTURE I'd be pleased. At least they call it the "Voyageurs Cup" in Sportsnet broadcasts (thanks Gerry Dobson),

in light that it's a SUPPORTERS-initialized competition.

Without fans, there is no pro sport or sponsors. It's imperative that we fix this so we can move forward, the Voyageurs have created a trophy to crown the Canadian Champion and sure there needs to be a private backer who is Nutralite which earns them the right to help present the trophy at the end but it should be a joint affair.

If sponsors supersede the creator and the actual tournament then maybe Nutralite should of handed off the Championship to the Head of BMO.

There needs to be more respect for the group and originators of this sport, it didn't spring up 2 years ago... its been here for a long time.

As I said in another thread (didn't see this one at the time) there was very little mention of the Voyageurs Cup on Wednesday night. I only heard it mentioned once. And - as has been noted here - no Voyageurs involved with the presentation. I hope to be seeing some CSA people over this coming weekend and will certainly pass on my feelings to them.

I smell a rat. Did someone from the V's ask the CSA to have us involved? If so, who turned it down? PM me if you wish. I am pissed. Rudi was en route to SA on Tuesday. Montopoli is there as well; I doubt he would be too pleased to hear about this. Despite Trillium's indignation, I would imagine quite a few of the old CSA suits are there as well. Doubt the trough feeders would be too concerned about the V's Cup when they are enjoying the pre WC party on our dime.

What went down? Canada has two home friendlies in the fall. The CSA should know that black shirt protests make great optics for the media.

Guess which picture the CSA has on its front page, complete with said marketing rep standing in front of the team during the team picture. My, my Rudi, don't take this as trash talk, but you have really aged! :)

The CSA marketers did not mention the cup as the Voyageurs Cup... surely it must be clear they are denigrating the fan involvement and the Cups tradition... just when they will hope we all turn out for the summer friendlys to pay for the trips South Africa for the Blazers.

Its time the Voyageurs put out a press release decrying the denegration of the Voyageurs Cup by the CSA ... and lets make it clear they did not even consult on the presentations ...so they have basically said.. off you go boys we dont need you or your involvement.

So dont go cap in hand ... make a freaking statement and let the chips fall where they may.

Guess which picture the CSA has on its front page, complete with said marketing rep standing in front of the team during the team picture. My, my Rudi, don't take this as trash talk, but you have really aged! :)

Not sure if you were just be sarcastic but "said marketing rep" is CSA President Maestracci!

Not sure if you were just be sarcastic but "said marketing rep" is CSA President Maestracci!

Actually you are right. Someone in Toronto had complained that the Nutralite guy was standing in front of the team for the pic so I assumed it was him but yes that is actually Maestracci awkwardly standing in front of the team.

Yes. And black shirt protests arent much, so don't try and continue that since they still get money from the ticket prices.

Black shirt protests outside the stadiums while the game is going on, watching/listening on tvs/computers/radios

You seem to have an issue with the 'reply with quote' button, as most of what you have as 'posted by Grizzly' is in fact one of your previous posts. But let me quote your words:

'Its time the Voyageurs put out a press release decrying the denegration of the Voyageurs Cup by the CSA ... and lets make it clear they did not even consult on the presentations ...so they have basically said.. off you go boys we dont need you or your involvement.'

The Voyageurs were in fact consulted on the presentations but there appears to have been a problem at the end of the game. Let's not go off half-cocked with press releases and the like until the details are known please.

Guys the exact replica is on display at the soccer Hall Of Fame.

It looks great and very imposing as well.

A media release would be the right thing to do.

This media release should include the list of those that contributed,their home town etc.

A quote from Winnipeg Fury as well as the owners of the Canadian MLS and NASL teams and CSA would be great which should include a quote from Les Jones the Hall Of Fame chairman.

This Cup is very unique and should get the proper attention.

However with the WC in full swing we may have to wait till after.

Space etc.

I do believe that there should be a rep from the V's at each Cup presentation.

I know the Nutrilite guys are very tough but hey you guys had the idea and one of us should always be there to maintain that great and unique tradition.

On another note the Hall Of Fame banquet was beyond amazing and would you believe the first line from Gerry Dobson was "are the Red Patch boys here".Yes they were and had a great time.

The night was amazing and a real tribute to Canadian soccer it's great history.Each inductee had a fantastic time.The Brian Budd award was very moving and will be remembered as something very special.Brian was a very close friend of mine and will be always remembered because of that award and meaning.

The Cup in the Soccer Hall of Fame will be getting a write up soon. This media release will be unrelated to the events of last Wed night, which is the focus of this discussion.

So I was watching the Stanley Cup finals tonight and I was wondering; if there was a 'voyageurs' type group for hockey what would they say? I shall paraphrase what I imagine it would go like.

"Oh my god, they presented the trophy which we made... live, the players were super stoked to receive it, there were photos taken, they will likely smear the pictures with the happy players ecstatic to receive our trophy all over the interwebs and all over the television. But oh my god, how dare they not bend over backwards to mention the story of how the cup was made, how it came to be and list all of the people who made a donation to create it"

I think you all have lost the spirit in which you made the trophy.

When Lord Stanley donated the Cup I would hope that he wasn't concerned about how much media press he would get, and his family (seemingly) hasn't ever considered putting out a media release saying the NHL has denigrated their legacy by not fellating them enough. It's fantastic that the Voyageurs started the trophy in a time when there was a need for it. But those that did so are not more important than the game. Stop acting like whiny children and remember why you made the Voyageurs Cup. Look at the smiles on the faces of guys like Dwayne De Rosario when he wins the cup and that is all the reward you need.

So I was watching the Stanley Cup finals tonight and I was wondering; if there was a 'voyageurs' type group for hockey what would they say? I shall paraphrase what I imagine it would go like.

"Oh my god, they presented the trophy which we made... live, the players were super stoked to receive it, there were photos taken, they will likely smear the pictures with the happy players ecstatic to receive our trophy all over the interwebs and all over the television. But oh my god, how dare they not bend over backwards to mention the story of how the cup was made, how it came to be and list all of the people who made a donation to create it"

I think you all have lost the spirit in which you made the trophy.

When Lord Stanley donated the Cup I would hope that he wasn't concerned about how much media press he would get, and his family (seemingly) hasn't ever considered putting out a media release saying the NHL has denigrated their legacy by not fellating them enough. It's fantastic that the Voyageurs started the trophy in a time when there was a need for it. But those that did so are not more important than the game. Stop acting like whiny children and remember why you made the Voyageurs Cup. Look at the smiles on the faces of guys like Dwayne De Rosario when he wins the cup and that is all the reward you need.

Well that's a bit harsh.

Many people here do take issue with the CSA, so wrapped up in that is a whole lot of things.

There was a tradition, things got messed up for a variety of reasons, but to my knowledge it is all currently resolved.

It is possible for us to grow this organization tremendously over the next few years before World Cup Qualifying, and we need all the exposure we can get. So it has both personal and practical value.

I just wonder if there ever has been any contact between the Nutri guys and a V rep.

I sense some reservations,a neglect by Nutri to acknowledge and just an overall complete lack of coordination.

I had some contact with these guys and this is another world,one of total dollar and no sense.Soccer does not matter.I hope thery wake up and realize that soccer is bigger than any numbers no matter what.

Not to my knowledge. Dealings are with the CSA and the clubs, not the flavour of the day sponsor. If someone knows otherwise, please butt in.

Archived