Milltown FC Opener

Guest Clemenza

Guest Clemenza

Went to the opener last night vs the Serbian White Eagles. Good sized crowd (Maybe 500-600) for the opener and a great game to boot. Thought that Scott Cliff the goallkeeper for Milltown made some world class saves and should have been the first star in my opinion. Also number 2, Thierry Mangwa, on defence was stellar as he seemed to be everywhere whenever SWE had an opportunity at the net. He basically shut down the SWE offence and most of their good chances came came from free kicks or from far out.Number 5 for SWE played a stellar game also for SWE. I believe they said his name was Medic and he anchored a very solid SWE defensive line giving Milltown very few close in shots at the goal.I also had a chance to meet VPjr and AndyD and it was a nice touch having Nigel Reid there to announce the opening lineups!!!! Also a stellar job on the national anthem that was played live by a trumpeter and electric guitarist. All in All a great show put on by Milltown and the game was excellent too. Hope some of you can get out and catch the next home game vs London City June 18, 2010. Bring your kids as alot kids were there last night eating lots of popcorn, ice cream and freezies and cheering for the hometown team.

PS: The Milltown scarves looked great and I hope that you sold alot of them!

FORZA MILLTOWN FC

It's Alex D btw and it was nice to meet you last night. The second half of the game was great, the play really opened up and both teams had chances. The goal scored by Eros Olazabos was brilliant. He was sent in on a through ball from his brother Erick, out-ran the lone defender and out-waited the keeper before calmly slotting it in the back of the net. The team looks promising early in the season.

Also, if anyone needed any other reason to come out, the catering truck sells giant smoked turkey legs!

it was great meeting you Clemenza. always nice to put a face to a screen name.

I am glad you had a good time. Obviously I am happy with the result. Game day presentation was good but lots of room for improvement. Those turkey legs smelled awesome but i didn't get a chance to eat one. Definitely next time. The food concessions were run by Troy's Diner, a popular restaurant in Milton and it was awesome.

As Alex D described, Eros' goal was pure class.

That was CSL action at its best....very exciting, good goalkeeping, strong defending, some good chances for goals and an enthusiastic crowd.

Guest Clemenza

Dino, I just wanted to know who #10 on your team was? He appeared to be older and his soccer skills to me seemed to be far above everyone else on the pitch. It seemed that the offence ran through him through the midfield. Has he played professionally somewhere? Looking forward to London City at home and tell Troy the food was excellent!

Archived