Official Argentina PRE-Match Thread: Predictions and Prayers

Toronto MB

Alright boys, here she is, match day has arrived, and with it the ludicrously over-ambitious hopes of the Voyageurs' that Canada might stun the soccer world with a result in Buenos Aires.

Gavin Day of RedNation is reporting a likely starting XI of:

---------------------Onstad--------------------

Stalteri----Hainault-----Hastings--Klukowski

---------------------Imhof---------------------

--------------Peters----Ledgerwood---------

De Rosario---------------------------Simpson

---------------------Friend--------------------

So, yes, that's our boys against Messi et. al with no De Guzman, Hutch, McKenna, Hirschfeld, Edgar, Hume, Bernier and more....

Toronto MB's OFFICIAL PREDICTION:

Argentina 6 - 0 Canada

But that won't stop me from believing! Hope everybody has a great day out at the viewing parties. Drink early, drink often - numb the pain boys....

ALLEZ LES ROUGES!!!

C'MON YOU F**KING REDS!!!!

Here's my starting 11: FRIEND

DERO

SIMPSON JOHNSON PETERS

IMHOF

KLUKOWSKI HAINAULT STRAITH STALTERI

ONSTAD

That's my starting 11 from the other thread yesterday, upon reflection the only change I night make is starting Ledgerwood in the back insteat of Straith, I really feel uneasy about Diesel, Hainault and Hastings in a back 4, they'll run right by them! Hopefully we can keep the match reasonable and learn some things, I'm going to say 4-0 Argentina if Gavin Day is correct with the starting 11, if Hart uses my starting 11 I say 1-1 lol!

LOL. Why do I drink? Let me count the ways..

1-nil

2-nil

3-nil

4-nil

Oh look. We touched the ball.

5-nil

Edit

Might poach one. Seriously. But even if we don't I will thoroughly enjoy myself. Tip of the hat to the powers that be, this match is a generous gift from the Argies. Just wish we could have brought a better crew south and given then a proper tune-up going to South Africa.

Considering the Argies are being watched with such scrutiny by fans, coaches, press, and government officials alike, they have everything to play for at the moment, even if this looks like a meaningless friendly on paper.

As I posted on another thread, "So perhaps the world's fastest (and best) frontline vs arguably the world's slowest backline? Hope we've been practicing the offside trap."

I think it would be a great success if we could score even a single goal or lose by fewer than three. At this point I would take a 3-0 loss as long as the boys fight hard and make us proud.

My only prediction is that most Vs will be drinking an average of one beer for every goal conceded by either side. Should make for an interesting Victoria Day.

Come on you Reds!!

2-1 Canada. Maradona is a s*** coach and I Believe

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pP9IQuz-jlk

I agree that Maradonna is our only hope but still think the difference in talent will just be too huge. I'll take a still optimistic view of 3-0 for Argentina. But why oh why did you have to post a video of that song? I thought I had managed to remove it from my consciousness. Thanks a lot!

The bookies started Argentina paying off 1.20 to win. The odds are now down to 1.14. If i were without a soul and would bet against my own country i'd win alot of money with that bet. IMO the chances of us even drawing the match are about 1 in 1000.

That said, i think the boys will work very hard today and are not going to embarrass us. 4-1 Argentina.

Alright boys, here she is, match day has arrived, and with it the ludicrously over-ambitious hopes of the Voyageurs' that Canada might stun the soccer world with a result in Buenos Aires.

Gavin Day of RedNation is reporting a likely starting XI of:

---------------------Onstad--------------------

Stalteri----Hainault-----Hastings--Klukowski

---------------------Imhof---------------------

--------------Peters----Ledgerwood---------

De Rosario---------------------------Simpson

---------------------Friend--------------------

Hmm......a bit surprising if Johnson doesn't start in my view.

Archived