Caps vs Roch

Well this is good. The Caps scoring! 2-0 and they had most of the play. Stewart continues to impress and if this keeps up he is the find of the year. Played forward, scored, played wing and was a constant threat. The whole team looks good right now.

So we have the rare but illustrious 9 point week for Canadian teams! Montreal on Wed, TFC & the Caps today. Long time since i've seen one of these.

Another funny note is that Miami is the only undefeated team left. They won their FIRST win to go along with their 5 draws.

Good to see a young player (Stewart) really make the best of the opportunity he's been given. It would be nice if a few more of Vancouver's young Canadians did the same.

In fact, all three Canadian teams have fielded less than one third Canadian lineups so far this season.

Good to see a young player (Stewart) really make the best of the opportunity he's been given. It would be nice if a few more of Vancouver's young Canadians did the same.

In fact, all three Canadian teams have fielded less than one third Canadian lineups so far this season.

It's an interesting and worrying aside to point out. For all the cheerleading about the flourishing of Canadians in MLS, I would hazard to guess that between the two tiers (MLS, NASL, USL1) there must be fewer Canadians playing first team ball in North America than in ages. Fewer and fewer in recent years in Montreal and Vancouver lineups. Virtually nobody starting on the other D2 teams (Arango, Rosenlund and Gyorio). A fair number in MLS but many of them in the twilight of their careers ( Onstad, Serioux, Jazic). Regarding Canadians on their staff and roster, TFC is finally where they should have been in year one, imo, and I have no beefs about what they are doing for the Canadian game.

Overall, then, much to be concerned about as a Canadian fan because it's not as if we are sending bucketloads of players to start matches in Europe either.

A fair number in MLS but many of them in the twilight of their careers ( Onstad, Serioux, Jazic).

The age of our Canadians playing in NA is indeed worrisome. In fact, of our three Canadian teams, there are only three regular starters under 25 years old -- Attakora, Luca Bellisomo and Marcus Haber -- and the latter will be returning to England shortly.

I know Vancouver at least has some depth of Canadian youngsters, but I was hoping more of those would have made the jump to the first team by now.

Archived