CMNT Video Interviews from Argentina

powerof11

I really hope Canada doesn't bunker and we see some of the Hart era attacking style that we saw against Brazil. Great interviews guys keep it up!

Dale Mitchell was the coach when we played Brazil in 2008.

I disagree with your point about playing offensive football. I think a game against that sort of opponent (who are preparing for a WC and who are probably in a different state of mind than Brazil in 2008) is a game where you want a see your team defending and not loosing it<s shape too much and try to get some opportunities out of counterattacks and set plays.

Nice interviews!

looks like CSA has them finally in a nice hotel!

Actually the host nation is the one responsible for accommodations. As much as the CSA has been criticized in the past for sub-par hotels (eg. Confed Cup 2001 in Japan), in most cases it's not their fault. While past travel arrangements (plane rides) had been below expectations, Morgan Quarry stated previously that the CSA has always made sure that the players' accommodations has always been first-class.

And yes, this hotel seemed first-rate based on the lobby with a grand piano. ;-)

Any notes on lineups or injuries? And are any of the guys called up only to the Ven game kicking around there as well?

I don't know how likely it is, but would be nice to get a more specific explanation of Edgar's absence.

Josh Simpson and Nik Ledgerwood are posted now.

Nolando, I've put your questions through to Gavin...hopefully I'll hear from him tonight. I'll stay up as long as I can, and if he responds, I'll post it here for you.

Love what you guys !are doing - much appreciated

Love what you guys !are doing - much appreciated

Morning!

Here's the info relayed from Gavin:

Everyone seemed healthy enough in training. About the only serious injury was to physiotherapist Garrett Kusch who's got crutches and an aircast from a fractured tibia.

In terms of lineup, it looks like it could be a 4-5-1. It seemed that Stalteri, Haineault, Klukowski and Hastings made up the back 4 with DeRo, Ledgerwood, Imhoff, Johnson and Simpson across the midfield and one of Friend or Jackson up front but they weren't working too much on shape and made changes quickly. Onstad was in goal but again...that could change.

No, none of the Venezuela guys were there. With de Guzman out, there are only 17 guys in camp. It's fortunate there were no more injuries!

No info on Edgar...I'll check and see what I can find today.

We also find out today who the opponent for the BMO Field friendly is. So that will complete the national team calendar for the year.

Noooooo Stephen! Don't do it!

HASTINGS???

Didn't you see the Costa Rica game, he was awful! He can't cope with the mighty speed of the SPL, but we're going to let him try his luck against Messi, Tevez and Higuain?

We want Straith! We want Straith!

Archived