Fergie plans family reunion in Toronto

jpg75

MAN U'S FERGUSON PLANS FAMILY REUNION ON VISIT TO TORONTO

http://www.tsn.ca/soccer/story/?id=322165

"My dad's family moved there in 1959. I've got nine direct cousins. I've got about 40 second cousins. I've got an aunt still alive, and my grandmother died there. She's buried in Toronto. I've got an uncle buried there.

"My great-aunt, who was very close to me, she died last year there. So we've got a big family connection."

The United boss plans a family get-together in Toronto the day before his team plays Glasgow Celtic at Rogers Centre on July 16.

...Who knew!?

Nice quote,

"Young players now are more fragile, they are more cocooned," he said. "They are encouraged by an insatiable press to think they are better than they really are, and they are protected by their agents. But you have to deal with that in sport now. You have to be very conciliatory."

Never a truer word spoken. Lee Sharpe tells a great tale about getting "Hair dryer'ed" on his front doorsetep by SAF. He had been 'tipped off' by his spies that his boys had been 'out on the Lash' and finally arrived back at Sharpe's house. Lee was tidying after his visitors, when he answered the door with a half empty beer bottle in hand and got a full on fergie rant then and there (or so he tells it anyway).

Archived