Jose Mourinho in war of words with Vancouver MLS investor Steve Nash

Gian-Luca

“When I read comments by many real football people they understood how well we played that game and how much credit the players deserve. When I read some comments from some, I don’t want to say stupid people . . . For example, I read a comment from one of the best basketball players in the NBA, Steve Nash. He was saying that Inter could play that game with 10 goalkeepers. Fortunately, he plays basketball. He understands nothing about football."

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/football/premier_league/chelsea/article7127774.ece

“When I read comments by many real football people they understood how well we played that game and how much credit the players deserve. When I read some comments from some, I don’t want to say stupid people . . . For example, I read a comment from one of the best basketball players in the NBA, Steve Nash. He was saying that Inter could play that game with 10 goalkeepers. Fortunately, he plays basketball. He understands nothing about football."

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/football/premier_league/chelsea/article7127774.ece

this is the kind of dickishness that needlessly creates hate, steve nash may have been exxagerating, but he was pretty much saying inter is boring and unattractive. The fact that jose made such an insulting comment shows how defensive he is(ha, double entendre), the only response to that kinda comment is 'fair enough, why don't you go off and win a title medal with all your flair?'. But instead of saying that, or speaking candidly about tactics, he screams (not literally) for everyone to ignore what was said because of who said it(and what exactly is wrong with attacking character instead of the issues, well nothing if your not big on logic). O how thou dost protest jose...

this is the kind of dickishness that needlessly creates hate, steve nash may have been exxagerating, but he was pretty much saying inter is boring and unattractive. The fact that jose made such an insulting comment shows how defensive he is(ha, double entendre), the only response to that kinda comment is 'fair enough, why don't you go off and win a title medal with all your flair?'. But instead of saying that, or speaking candidly about tactics, he screams (not literally) for everyone to ignore what was said because of who said it(and what exactly is wrong with attacking character instead of the issues, well nothing if your not big on logic). O how thou dost protest jose...

Not really true. If you read the entire article, Mourinho does explain his rationale. One uber defensive game while a man in the Champions League down does not make them a defensive team.

Not really true. If you read the entire article, Mourinho does explain his rationale. One uber defensive game while a man in the Champions League down does not make them a defensive team.

well that is a decent point, empiracally (sp?) though I can't say I've pined much to see inter games lately. saying he 'knows nothing' though is dickishness

With his mouth. It is impossible to beat him at a word war, he is brilliant, and if he's a rival, very frustrating. If he's your coach, I guess you love him, as long as he wins along with having that way of talking.

Mind you, I much prefer the way Guardiola speaks because he is classy, intelligent, always articulate, very elegant, and classy, which Mou is not, he is trashy.

I will give him credit for beating us in Milan 3-1, our worst match in the Guardiola era, only loss by more than a goal and only one of four losses all season in all competitions. And it was logical for them to be ultra defensive at Camp Nou, our fault for not breaking it down. I give him credit, but he is not a particularly interesting coach, not too innovative, not too bright with signings, and the legacy is only results, not a playing style that you can clearly define.

Nash's comments come perhaps because he has Barça sympathies, he saw a Barça training session in the US in 2006, one in 2009 in New York and last year in Barcelona, early May as well. Invited by Henry these last few times, a friend.

There are maybe two things I'd listen to Jose Mourinho speak about: soccer and maybe what the best brand of port to purchase.

I have all day for Nash on any variety of topics. He never runs from questions be they about basketball, soccer, hockey or politics. The fact that media in North America go to him constantly for quotes on everything from the Champions League to the immigration laws in Arizona shows what a thoughtful and generally forthright person he is.

Or maybe he's a media whore. :P

Mourinho said today the UEFA Champions final is more important than the World Cup. I'm sure Steve Nash got a well-deserved good laugh at that. I hope Nash comes out with a quote like "I don't want to use the word idiot, but some people...."

Nash's comments come perhaps because he has Barça sympathies, he saw a Barça training session in the US in 2006, one in 2009 in New York and last year in Barcelona, early May as well. Invited by Henry these last few times, a friend.

Exactly. I don't see/hear anything said about each's mother, so I wouldn't call it a "war of words" ...

Archived