Gavin McCallum

nolando

I have played against Gavin from when I was at the U13 to the U17 level in the OYSL. He always played a year up (he is an 87' and played in the 86' bracket). He is a left footed player who was always a striker/attacking midfielder and played for Mississauga each year. Although there were many teams better than Mississauga, and many of his teammates went to play for better teams (Oakville and North York Azzurri), he stuck with the team because his uncle was the coach. As mentioned above, Trevor McCallum.

• 4 weeks later...
Lincoln City closing in on signing Hereford winger Gavin McCallum:

http://www.sportsecho.co.uk/news/Exclusive-Lincoln-City-closing-signing-Hereford-winger-Gavin-McCallum/article-2321591-detail/article.html

Not too exciting - Lincoln did worse than Hereford last season although at least they currently have a manager.

I guess the upside would be a bit of a bigger club in a bigger city with a decent, professional quality stadium unlike the very old, small stadium of Hereford. They do have a manager but one certainly has to wonder how good a manager Chris Sutton is.

Edited by Grizzly

Up The Imps! I've been to a match at Sincil Bank, great place to see a match! It would be a good move for McCallum IMO! Lincoln City have a long history and some good players and managers have come from this club! Former England manager Graham Taylor is a cult hero there!

It's official: http://www.herefordunited-mad.co.uk/news/tmnw/lincoln_sign_international_winger_533228/index.shtml

Lincoln City have signed Canada international winger Gavin McCallum on a two-year deal from Hereford United.McCallum, 22, has made one appearance for his country, scoring with a header in a friendly against Venezuela in May.

He scored eight goals in 29 appearances for Hereford last season, including a double against the Imps.

McCallum, who has had spells at Crawley, Yeovil and Weymouth, is the fifth new signing made by Lincoln manager Chris Sutton this summer.

Sutton told BBC Lincolnshire: "With Gavin we now have real pace and power, and also good footballing ability.

"There was a queue of clubs wanting him, so we are pleased to have got this done. He is someone I am really excited to have signed - he will be a real crowd pleaser."

Hereford are entitled to a fee for McCallum because he is under 24 and was offered a new contract at Edgar Street.

Source: BBC Sport

• 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...
The Lincoln fans really dump on him for being overweight. It is a bit odd for a player still in the supposed prime of their career to let their weight get away from them. Who knows how good a player there is beneath the extra pounds?

Who knows? Maybe he's the next Ali Gerba?

• 2 months later...

http://www.thisislincolnshire.co.uk/Transfer-listed-winger-Gavin-McCallum-ready/story-13022908-detail/story.html

"LINCOLN CITY'S summer star Gavin McCallum cannot wait to shine at Sincil Bank this season following a sizzling pre-season.

The Canadian international winger has bagged three goals in pre-season, including a wonderful 30-yard strike at Gainsborough on Tuesday..."

I always thought it was interesting that they released a whole whack of players but McCallum was one of the four or five who were transfer-listed instead, despite having only about eight months of consistent, successful playing time at a truly pro level.

Considering they signed him for some measley amount like 6 or 8 thousands pounds, he must be on some pretty big wages to have not gotten released.

If Hart doesn't does call him and give him a shot we will never know if he can score and help us. In this case might as well give him a try I mean 2 pen shot in 3 gold cup games can't get any worse for us.

There's no way McCallum should be a call up at this point, in our team he would have to be a winger and there's a handful of players ahead of him.. Iain Hume should get that shot you speak of though.

Yes Hume would be good forgot about him problem is will Hart call him? If he and Gerba would be upfront with dero supporting and jackson and simpson on the wings we would tear it up against these minnows we needs as many goals as possible

• 9 years later...

Since 2011, he has spent most of his time bouncing around the lower levels of professional soccer in England.  Back in October he signed with Dartford in the English 6th tier.

One cap for Canada and one goal.  I assume it is quite rare in Canadian soccer?