Canadians MIA/UI List

nolando

I wonder this too. He hasn't played since 2013. I think he was on trial with DC United a while back but was cut.

Yeah that's what it says on the first page of this thread but that was awhile ago. Tried searching facebook and found his profile but all it has is pictures on the beach in Croatia. 

• Replies 735
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wonder this too. He hasn't played since 2013. I think he was on trial with DC United a while back but was cut.

Don't wonder too much or it could be 12 years later and you are still hoping Brad Parker will sign for a club after a trial with Bradford city

Don't wonder too much or it could be 12 years later and you are still hoping Brad Parker will sign for a club after a trial with Bradford city

17 years since the match against Macedonia when Parker debuted as an 18 yr old. Time flies...

Nana Attakora signing with Scorpions in NASL

This is awesome news! For the first time in his professional career (I think), he will get a chance to start on a regular basis. At his age, he needs the minutes/ real game experience. I hope he thrives down there. A year or two down the line, MLS teams will always be looking to add experienced defenders.

http://www.sascorpions.com/news/detail/uuid/11iejpqfr5e431wfa91zr4c1of/canadian-international-nana-attakora-signs-with-the-scorpions#.VO8xdS5JCjY

So with Attakora, Cebara (is he confirmed?), deJong, Ouimette and Porter all signing with teams recently - am I correct that deGuzman, deRosario and Issey NF are the only Nats out of work at the moment (with fringe/depth players Gomes, Alderson and maybe Stillo as well)?

So with Attakora, Cebara (is he confirmed?), deJong, Ouimette and Porter all signing with teams recently - am I correct that deGuzman, deRosario and Issey NF are the only Nats out of work at the moment (with fringe/depth players Gomes, Alderson and maybe Stillo as well)?

What happened to Alderson, got cut and then fell off the face of the Earth.

That was a one time friendly for Arizona.

Pasher is still involved with Lansing United.  It appears he is invited to the NPSL combine which is held in conjunction with the MLS combine to showcase players to USL Pro, NASL and MLS scouts.

http://lanunited.com/newspage/rudland-coach-npsl-combine-three-united-players-invited/

"Pasher was named to the NPSL Supporters’ XI team and is coming off of trials with MLS’ Toronto FC and the NASL’s Minnesota United. Having primarily played midfield and forward with United, Pasher features as a left back when playing at the international level for Canada."

Appears to have been playing (trialling?) with Pittsburgh https://twitter.com/search?f=realtime&q=%22tyler%20pasher%22&src=typd

I think we can take Shaun Saiko off the list. In the latest issue of Plastic Pitch magazine, he confirmed that he received a few offers that were lowballs, so he's applied for amateur status (I believe $15K after tax for 8 months of work was quoted)

wow, from promising prospect to out of the game by 25. 

I wonder if Stillo is perhaps still under contract to Parma until the end of the season but not actually getting paid. Would be like a broken record around here if true: http://www.espnfc.us/parma/story/2345636/parma-hit-with-two-point-deduction-for-failure-to-pay-wages

Guys like him and Ricky Gomes would benefit massively from us getting our own league eventually.

Stillo's situation is really unfortunate. It would be terrific if his father could update us on his status (although understandable if he doesn't want to). Looking from outside, it appears that Robert is having a lost season, mostly just training with the club (being low on the pecking order), with no actual game experience or loan to another club. I originally thought that February's hearings immediately shut the club down and freed all of their players from contract but the team being sold again, seems to have given them another (at least temporary) reprieve (assuming I even have the details correct). It appears that there is another hearing next Thursday, to keep an eye on. Otherwise, I wonder when Robert's current contract is due to end - hopefully this June. I really hope he can land with a new club (and better situation) this Summer. Fingers crossed for him.

Sounds like JDG is not going to sign with Colombus after all. Sandor suggests he might end up in NASL: http://the11.ca/2015/03/20/julian-de-guzman-says-he-is-considering-a-couple-of-concrete-offers-from-nasl-clubs/

Also, has Dero officially retired?

NASL would be a good league because he would get a lot of playing time to be ready for when Canada needs him. He could also help teach some of the young Canadians be better pros if he lands on Edmonton or Ottawa. It could also bring better attention to NASL from the National team coaches.

Archived