Canadians MIA/UI List

nolando

• Replies 735
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm confused as to what the purpose of this thread is. I used to think it was to try and find players that have been out of the game for awhile, but Smith and Gaudet have been without a team for less than 22 hours.

What's to be confused about?

From the first post in this thread: "A thread for guys out of contract (as of November 2010)"

I wanted to create a place where Canadian guys could be listed once out of contract because once they get dropped from the the MOACA list, many used to disappear. Now they, along with guys who have been off the world football map for some time, have a place to be tracked.

It seems like you're duplicating the work of the MOACA. Sure, if these guys are still out of a job in a year's time, it might be interesting to track them down, but not a day after their contract ended.

Just my opinion though.

Or in simpler terms:

MOACA= players UNDER contract

MIA/UI = players OUT of contract

Everybody's a critic

Edwini-Bonsu is training with the Residency team. I haven't heard about Semenets.

http://www.theprovince.com/Randy+returns+residency/3762582/story.html

Yeah, you want depressing? How disappointing of a calendar year has it been for Gaudet and REB? They started the year being invited to the senior men's camp after the U23s.

REB might be in PDL next year, Edmonton if he is lucky.

Edwini-Bonsu is training with the Residency team. I haven't heard about Semenets.

For that young Whitecaps group it really is a bad year for the team to go MLS. I mean they are going to be limited to very few opportunities next season when they really had the potential to develop into something special with a year or two more of consistent first team football.

For that young Whitecaps group it really is a bad year for the team to go MLS. I mean they are going to be limited to very few opportunities next season when they really had the potential to develop into something special with a year or two more of consistent first team football.

For the young Caps players who have been progressing like Davies I think the move to MLS will be fine. REB seems to be regressing in his development independent of which league they are playing in. Nevertheless, it is important that teams like FC Edmonton survive so players like him who aren't at MLS level or who have setbacks in their development have a place to play.

According to Wiki Boban (Bobby) Kajgo was "released" by FK Smederevo in the summer, but his contract runs until 2011 as I understand it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Serbian_football_transfers_summer_2010

His wiki says he signed a 2 year deal in July 2009, but it might have been a 1 year plus option or something like that. Either way, most contracts are sketchy in Serbia so he's probably gone from Smederevo (ie. he's not sticking around like Massih Wassey at Schalke).

• 3 weeks later...
Onstad and Serioux added. Will they both retire?

I know he's had a history of injuries but Serioux is only 31 years old and just had an injury free season scoring 2 goals in 13 matches.

Nice on there

I thought Serioux was great in Toronto and like others was really confused to see him go, I think he would be a great holding midfielder or even bench player for Toronto

I'd love to have Serioux back in Toronto, although Cann and Nana would still be my starters at CB. I thought Adrian was one of TFC's best players in the first half of 2009 until injuries took their toll on him. I think he also inferred that he would love to come back to Toronto once Preki was gone.

• 3 weeks later...

Added Luca Bellisomo even though I don't see him leaving Vancouver, personally.

Maybe he'll try and catch on with Montreal or Edmonton, but it seems to me the vast majority of vancouver guys let go by Caps over the years simply fade away into the local leagues, coaching etc.

Reeally likable guy so I wish him best.

http://www.theprovince.com/sports/Futsal+hits+ground+running/4012252/story.html?id=4012252

Their pro playing careers are not yet over, but that hasn't stopped Michael D'Agostino and Alex Elliott from re-establishing their soccer roots on native soil.

In back-to-back years, Langley native D'Agostino (2004) and Summerland native Elliott (2005) were honoured on these pages as members of The Province's Head of the Class.

Each went on to play professionally, D'Agostino in England with Blackpool and Cheltenham Town, and Elliott in Germany with SF Siegen and FSV Mainz before a stint with the Vancouver Whitecaps this past season.

The pair have decided to join forces to bring the Lower Mainland a taste of futsal, the five-aside indoor game which is hugely popular in other parts of the world.

D'Agostino and Elliott have founded the Vancouver Futbol Academy, which has the goal of providing academy training for aspiring players, but for now is centred around its VFA Futsal league which is set to begin Jan. 3.

^ What happened to D'Agostino? He made 25 appearances for a League One team at the age of 20, you'd think he'd be able to catch on somewhere else.

I think this shows how fleeting pro opportunities can be, and these guys are still under 25 with no apparent injury issues. As clearly described in the Davidson CP article about Hutchinson, it's a tough haul for Canucks not only trying to get a break in Europe but also keeping their places in club sides.

By the end of this season I sadly think there will be a few more guys who might find that their pro aspirations, at least in Europe but possibly elsewhere, will be over. However, a few more U20s will inevitably get their shot and with luck and talent may get their break.

• 3 weeks later...

Anybody MLS-connected hearing anything about Sidra? I have a suspicion that TFC may be interested in signing him, but it's only speculation.

BTW it looks like was Lyngby Boldklub that wanted to sign him in Denmark a few months back. Still no idea why that fell through:

http://debat.bluevikings.dk/viewtopic.php?p=104543&sid=32c6e8bb4b2b9891d0ffb9c8df1374c0

• 2 weeks later...

Archived