NCC Game Day 3 - Montréal Impact vs. Toronto FC [R]

Unfortunately expect the attendance to be pretty crap for this one, Habs in Game 7....

I expect lots of empty seats and maybe 5,000-6,000 in the stands (they will probably announce like 10,000 or something thought because of all the corporate seasons which will probably be empty ect.)

Yeah, tough competition. Very tough competition.

Were there 5,000 for the match against Minnesota?

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yeah wont be watching this one - sorry impact/tfc - habs are more important. sucks though because impact/tfc is my favorite game to watch in this part of the world. Columbus/tfc - Neva heard. its gonna be cool in 2 years when they play 4 times per year. Sucks 2 for the impact fans because Toronto is the best team they will play this year. well except any friendlies with big euro clubs.

yeah wont be watching this one - sorry impact/tfc - habs are more important. sucks though because impact/tfc is my favorite game to watch in this part of the world. Columbus/tfc - Neva heard. its gonna be cool in 2 years when they play 4 times per year. Sucks 2 for the impact fans because Toronto is the best team they will play this year. well except any friendlies with big euro clubs.

Voyageur??

What have you won, besides a championship against a reserve squad?

They played 1 game against the Impact's B-side (with a few regulars in the line-up). What excuse do you have for the other 3 loses?

They played 1 game against the Impact's B-side (with a few regulars in the line-up). What excuse do you have for the other 3 loses?

Seriously guys can we please move on and talk about the game tonight? There will be plenty of time for trash talk when the tournament is done (Personally I usually go talk smack on montreal boards and try to leave the V's board for more constructive discussion.. Just my 0.02 cents.)

Personally I usually go talk smack on montreal boards and try to leave the V's board for more constructive discussion.. Just my 0.02 cents.)

That is exactly why I come on this forum; because I can talk with other Canadians without the petty fighting and other pointless arguing... go Canada!

That is exactly why I come on this forum; because I can talk with other Canadians without the petty fighting and other pointless arguing... go Canada!

Even on our boards its tough to have discussions, now that both the TFC groups keep posting a bunch of lame trolling attempts...

Few thoughts;

1). Glad to see Preki sub Usanov off. Not quite sure how long it'll take for him to lose that deRoux double-vision he's suffering from but here's to a speedy recovery.

2). What was with the Impact delivery into the box tonight? Holy crap..

3). And maybe it's just because I'm a wingback by trade and pay closer attention to defenders but I have to say that as impressed as I am with DDR so far this term (and what is he on right now? A goal a match in all competitions?) Cann is looking like the find of the season for TFC. Going forward he is going to do absolute wonders for Attakora's career and right now he's making Frei a better 'keeper. If "wow" can somehow fit in describing Cann's play and what he does for TFC than let me just say "wow".

4). LOL! Poor Vancouver. The ball is in their court now but poor, bastards. They might have been done in by Montreal a-gin.

Well perhaps someone who was at the game in Montreal can give us a good idea of what the game was like. I watched it on television and couldn't make head nor tail of what was going on because the camera work was so unbelievably bad. Half the time when a free kick or thrown in was being taken the camera wasn't on whoever was taking it. Meanwhile when the ball was in play half the time the camera was about 5 seconds behind the play, giving us a good view of who used to have the ball, while the other half of the time the camera seemed like it was in a different time zone being so far away from the action on the opposite side of the field.

If Rogers Sportsnet (assuming they are the ones responsible)wants ratings to increase for their soccer games that they produce, they'll need to do a million times better than that. And I hope that the additions to Saputo Stadium bring some better camera positions with it and a better vantage point for tv broadcasts.

^I had a doubletake when I saw that Nick Garcia was starting at LB, ahead of both the Latvian guy and Gargan. Montreal couldn't seem to mount a threat on that side of the field. I can't see Preki being that comfortable with the fullback situation on both sides of the pitch.

Nice to see a previously maligned guy like Cann have a strong start to his season. Really strong aerial presence and executes the simple play when in possession. Both he and Attakora will get a good test on Saturday night against the league leaders

Hate to say it but I really don't see TFC losing their last two considering what a terrible performance Vancouver displayed against Montreal AT HOME! The Caps better play two Wundergames otherwise TFC will be losing out in the qualification stage of the CCL again this season :P

^I had a doubletake when I saw that Nick Garcia was starting at LB, ahead of both the Latvian guy and Gargan. Montreal couldn't seem to mount a threat on that side of the field. I can't see Preki being that comfortable with the fullback situation on both sides of the pitch.

Gargan was injured I believe.

Fair result over all. Was dissapointed by DiLorenzo's delivery of free kicks, and corners. He's consistently been good over the years, but I guess tonight wasn't his night.

Brown would have been an asset for IMFC, had he been in the line up. As much as I like Rocco, his game is mostly geared to the ground. Byers had an off night (again), and Sebrango has reached the end of the line. A new striker is needed.

Gargan was injured I believe.

....and the game was always going to be used to give fringe players like Garcia, Cronin and Gala playing time in case they wind up being needed in MLS games if a key player were to get injured between now and the World Cup break. I'd rather see Garcia at fullback than having the pairing at centre half disrupted. The real eyeopener will be if he plays there against the Galaxy.

Fair result over all. Was dissapointed by DiLorenzo's delivery of free kicks, and corners. He's consistently been good over the years, but I guess tonight wasn't his night.

Brown would have been an asset for IMFC, had he been in the line up. As much as I like Rocco, his game is mostly geared to the ground. Byers had an off night (again), and Sebrango has reached the end of the line. A new striker is needed.

Gerba??

Archived