NCC Game Day 3 - Montréal Impact vs. Toronto FC [R]

montrealimpact.jpgvs. t280_sm.gif

Nutrilite Canadian Championship (for the Voyageurs Cup) - Matchday 3

Wednesday, May 12, 2010. 8:00pm EDT.

Stade Saputo. Montréal, QC.

TV: Rogers Sportsnet (East & West regions only)

Radio: Team 990 (MTL - Eng.), CKAC Sports (MTL - Fr.), Fan 590 (TOR - Eng.)

Video Webcast: sportsnet.ca

Audio Webcast: Team990.com, CKAC, Fan590.com

With Montreal gripped in playoff hockey fever, will the crowd be smaller than expected?

socceronly suggested that we use my format from the U-Sector board for these threads. This is nearly identical to the thread I started over there (although the auto-formatting on here kills the layout and really makes it look cluttered).

I'm not sure why these threads format the way they do, but I obviously did not want the width of this post to be so narrow. Is there any way to adjust that?

EDIT: Seems to be ok now.

EDIT 2: Maybe not. I give up. (It should look like this).

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Video Webcast: None

With Montreal gripped in playoff hockey fever, will the crowd be smaller than expected?

socceronly suggested that we use my format from the U-Sector board for these threads. This is nearly identical to the thread I started over there (although the auto-formatting on here kills the layout and really makes it look cluttered).

I'm not sure why these threads format the way they do, but I obviously did not want the width of this post to be so narrow. Is there any way to adjust that?

EDIT: Seems to be ok now.

EDIT 2: Maybe not. I give up. (It should look like this).

Yeah it's rough being a sports fan in the city of Champions. The Impact playing The Failure City, isn't going to help draw a larger crowd.

Yeah it's rough being a sports fan in the city of Champions. The Impact playing The Failure City, isn't going to help draw a larger crowd.

Way to take an innocent, valid question and turn it into lame smack talk.

Keep coming up for more acronyms for TFC though. In the meantime Toronto will be going for Their Fourth Consecutive win against the Limp Act.

That was an innocent question alright.

Yes it was. I could have phrased it far differently.

Add to that a probably cold (5 Celcius) night and you will mostly have hardcore soccer fans. [i will still be there.]

The weather has been awful lately, considering it's mid May. I was hoping for a warmer night, but whatever.

Montreal is going to be a bit thinner than they'd like, Toronto has had pretty good fortune against the Impact of late and they seem to be thrive when playing in ****ty weather so all added up I'm putting my money on the boys in red.

Of course you never know though. Road record overall has been a nightmare for TFC and with the MLS 2012 launch still hot in the minds of all concerned we could see something inspiring coming from the Montreal gang.

Montreal needs a win. End of story. Hell, Vancouver needs a Montreal win.

If Toronto wins tomorrow then Montreal are eliminated. I see the Impact putting up a little more of a fight tomorrow, and considering TFC's away record an Impact win would not surprise me at all.

Here is my starting 11 for IMFC.

Jordan

Gatti

Pizzolitto

Aaboubou

DeRoux

Donatelli

Testo

Pastel

DiLorenzo

Byers

Placentino

As part of TFC's traveling fan support I'd be delighted to see Montreal play with that backline.

Frankly though other than Jordan in goal, Di Lorenzo on the left side and Placentino up front doesn't have any players that worry me. Jordan because he's quite capable of stealing games, Di Lorenzo because he's quality and Placentino because he is that pesky sort of forward that only half a chance to create a good scoring chance.

Here is my starting 11 for IMFC.

Jordan

Gatti

Pizzolitto

Aaboubou

DeRoux

Donatelli

Testo

Pastel

DiLorenzo

Byers

Placentino

Pascal Milano from Cyberpresse said on his Twitter Account that the starting lineup would be:

Jordan

Billy-Pizzo-Aaboubou-Deroux

Testo

Donatelli Dilo

Pastel

Byers-Placentino

I like Billy at right back in place of Braz, its his natural position and is due for a good game..

^ If I were a Toronto fan the left side combo of Di Lorenzo and De Roux is what would frighten me most. They play very well together.

Agreed. Montreal's left side is their biggest threat.

On a separate note, TFC's website says that there will be a live stream of the game on sportsnet.ca for those not living in the East and West regions. There is nothing on the Sportsnet site to confirm this, but I added a link in the first post just in case.

Pascal Milano from Cyberpresse said on his Twitter Account that the starting lineup would be:

Jordan

Billy-Pizzo-Aaboubou-Deroux

Testo

Donatelli Dilo

Pastel

Byers-Placentino

I like Billy at right back in place of Braz, its his natural position and is due for a good game..

Well, I can't hide the fact, that I was far from elated by Billy's play as a midfielder. He did seem more at ease, playing as a right back when he came in on Saturday for Braz at 72 min. Lets see if he could finally start living up to some of the pre season hype.

Stefano Pisoli will be available tomorrow, don't know in what capacity? If he is ready to play a full match, I would put him in ahead of Aaboubou.

Unfortunately expect the attendance to be pretty crap for this one, Habs in Game 7....

I expect lots of empty seats and maybe 5,000-6,000 in the stands (they will probably announce like 10,000 or something thought because of all the corporate seasons which will probably be empty ect.)

Video Webcast: sportsnet.ca

).

I think it's safe to say there will be a lack of MTL supporters at the stadium due to the hockey game. Unfortunate for the Impact.

Archived