U20 camp in Holland

masster

Well that's not good news...

Maybe it's just me... but i'm much more desperate for results at the youth levels than with the sr team at this point. Gives us some hope for the future.

But then again, maybe we used this camp to see some extra players... hard to say.

Well that's not good news...

Maybe it's just me... but i'm much more desperate for results at the youth levels than with the sr team at this point. Gives us some hope for the future.

But then again, maybe we used this camp to see some extra players... hard to say.

At the moment there are no positive results from U-20 to senior team. I'm starting to really get worried for 2014 no new players who are any better than the old ones. It could be another very ugly qualifying process if this team fails to qualify that would be three straight U-20 flunks. 07 - terrible performance at tournament but a few quality players came through Edgar, Jackson, Johnson etc. 09 - Didn't qualify. Attakora only player with any promise out of group 11- ???? 11th out of 12 in only tournament so far. Hopes of qualifying for 2011 world cup looks slim.

Full list of results:

South Korea - Canada 1-0

Cruz Azul - Canada 1-0

Senegal - Canada 2-0

Twente - Canada 3-1 (Goal scored by Andrew)

FC Uitgeest - Canada 1-0

11th/12th place: Canada - Lokeren 2-0

That's pretty disgraceful if you ask me. If you lose against FC Uitgeest you have absolutely no right to call yourself a football team. It's far beyond shocking!

Some pics: for bigger versions click on pics on following link http://www.icgt.nl/fotos&collectionId=15298834

?id=15298840&maxSize=80&zc=1

?id=15298837&maxSize=80&zc=1

?id=15298933&maxSize=80&zc=1

?id=15298927&maxSize=80&zc=1

Full list of results:

South Korea - Canada 1-0

Cruz Azul - Canada 1-0

Senegal - Canada 2-0

FC Uitgeest - Canada 1-0

That's pretty disgraceful if you ask me. If you lose against FC Uitgeest you have absolutely no right to call yourself a football team. It's far beyond shocking!

So what is the problem here, wrong players selected, coaching, or are we just not very good at this age group?

I dont know where the problem lies because I'm not involved 24/7. But losing against FC Uitgeest (a team that plays in the 5th amateur division in Holland) is disgraceful. I saw that FC Uitgeest deserved to win that game as well......

On a team with Adam Street, Julien Latendresse-Levesque, Eddy Sidra, Adam Straith, Marcus Haber and REB, Attakora's the only one with any promise?

I stand corrected. I completely forgot about Haber being on that team since they played him as a centre back where he didn't look too impressive. Straith is another guy who has played well, I haven't yet seen Sidra and I've only seen Adam Street play against Argentina in 08 (a game he played very well in though).

Still the point is I doubt many if any of those guys are national team quality.

I stand corrected. I completely forgot about Haber being on that team since they played him as a centre back where he didn't look too impressive. Straith is another guy who has played well, I haven't yet seen Sidra and I've only seen Adam Street play against Argentina in 08 (a game he played very well in though).

Still the point is I doubt many if any of those guys are national team quality.

^

I would have say that Straith, REB and Latendresse-Levesque definitely show promise of national team quality and are ahead of Attakora based on where they are at their respective ages.

So what is the problem here, wrong players selected, coaching, or are we just not very good at this age group?

This does coincide with the arrival of Valerio Gazzola... any conclusions to be made? I just hope the problem is not the players.

Full list of results:

South Korea - Canada 1-0

Cruz Azul - Canada 1-0

Senegal - Canada 2-0

FC Uitgeest - Canada 1-0

I kinda share your disgust, but really it wasn't like they were blown away according to the scores. They lost 0-1 to the tournament champions, South Korea. They tied 2nd place Japan 0-0 in an earlier friendly, and they lost to club team Cruz Azul only by 0-1. (I thought they played them earlier with the same score.) I somewhat agree that to lose to lower league FC Uitgeest would be disgraceful, but that happens sometimes.

(Remember when the senior team lost to Guadeloupe in 2007 Gold Cup, 1-2?)

I don't know what's wrong, but perhaps the offense? The problem is that we get these kids together for two weeks (or less) and we expect them to excel under a new coach. We just have to get more matches and prepare more. Really hard to analyse anything when we haven't seen the matches.

^ I see your point but at the same time the youth level is one where if we actually got our ducks in order VERY tangible progress could be made over a short number of years. This isn't exactly an all-or-nothing scenario we just went through here, but it seems the results from these teams are of the pathetic variety more often than not.

I just don't get how we go through a cycle we just did, not even qualify out of concacaf at the U17 and U20 levels without a major shakeup. Somebody should be standing up and explaining why we didn't even make it through. If the excuse is "we didn't have the players" I want to know WHY we didn't have the players. Because in the end they are just a product of the system, so if the system failed i want to know how and what they are going to do to fix it.

It's time to get the ***ing job done! If we're going to really step it up at the MNT level, the U20 and U17 teams will have to show some real signs of progress first.

Archived