Major press conference tomorrow...

Loved the upgrade to Saputo. Soccer grounds always work better with a lid (roof) on. Focuses the sound and creates a better atmosphere.

What are anybodys thoughts on who could cover their slot in 'USSF-2' for 2012? Canadian team of course.

don't disagre with the look of the Saputo Stadium, but I hope they cover the fans from rain....the roof on the one side now, only protects the first 10 rows and if people are going to come and watch when it is raining, they need to make it the way it is in England and most other european countries....covered!!!!!! atleast for the fans. we have to still remember that this is Canada and that we have rain, snow and coldweather to deal with....so let's do everything to avoid any excuses for fans!!!!!

don't disagre with the look of the Saputo Stadium, but I hope they cover the fans from rain....the roof on the one side now, only protects the first 10 rows and if people are going to come and watch when it is raining, they need to make it the way it is in England and most other european countries....covered!!!!!! atleast for the fans. we have to still remember that this is Canada and that we have rain, snow and coldweather to deal with....so let's do everything to avoid any excuses for fans!!!!!

Don't get your hopes up. If they cover the entire stadium, they can't justify the more expensive seats' prices, and the overall cost of construction goes up. The current roof is made for shade, as it shades the entire stand, but only covers half. I think the little fabric thing they have going in 2.0 will be for the seats in front of the new corporate boxes.

I know everybody has a budget and all but it never stops amazing me how readily some of these structures get built on the cheap. Fan comfort, especially for a gate driven league like MLS, shouldn't be compromised for the sake of saving a few bucks.

Yeah I know there is never enough money to go around and you're talking $10M for a roof and cladding on the grandstands but man, it would 10x the park both for fan comfort and atmosphere and isn't that what keeps fans coming back? Enjoying the experience? The MLS summer schedule is book-ended by some pretty hostile seasons in Canada, we simply can't ignore that.

And now that I've finished that whine, interesting that they mention potentially using the Big Owe for the home opener. That could be fun.

I know everybody has a budget and all but it never stops amazing me how readily some of these structures get built on the cheap. Fan comfort, especially for a gate driven league like MLS, shouldn't be compromised for the sake of saving a few bucks.

Yeah I know there is never enough money to go around and you're talking $10M for a roof and cladding on the grandstands but man, it would 10x the park both for fan comfort and atmosphere and isn't that what keeps fans coming back? Enjoying the experience? The MLS summer schedule is book-ended by some pretty hostile seasons in Canada, we simply can't ignore that.

And now that I've finished that whine, interesting that they mention potentially using the Big Owe for the home opener. That could be fun.

They'd get the Fifty plus they need. It'd scare the bejeebers out of some other sports teams in the area.

The Impact have announced that only 5000 season tickets will be made available for pre sale, registration with a $50.00 deposit is required on a priority basis.

www.montrealmls2012.com

That is the exact same rollout plan that the Whitecaps used. I think it was a mistake on the Whitecaps part because there was lots of enthusiasm right after the announcement and it dies down over time. I hope Montreal doesn't make that same mistake.

That is the exact same rollout plan that the Whitecaps used. I think it was a mistake on the Whitecaps part because there was lots of enthusiasm right after the announcement and it dies down over time. I hope Montreal doesn't make that same mistake.

Sounds like a MLS marketing ploy to create demand. They should have market speific marketing strategies in place.

Then again, enthusiasm will probably ramp up once the Whitecaps are done with their current season.

Then again, enthusiasm will probably ramp up once the Whitecaps are done with their current season.

That being said, 2011 should be an interesting year as far as IMFC is concerned. Lets hope that the fans will have something to look forward to, in terms of what the 2012 MLS squad will look like. Vancouver in 2010 brought in some high level NASL/USL players (Sanchez and Steele) with the hope that they will add depth to the squad for 2011.

Archived