Montreal 2012: Conference press tomorrow

Blackdude

The Impact have called a conference press tomorrow at 10 (Friday May 6th) for a big announcement concerning the future of soccer in Montreal. It would be hard to think it is something else.

Also, there have been lots of radio advertising talking about montreal2012.com

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Interesting to read in the article that ths CSA helped to reunite both parties after the first Impact bid was rejected.

I guess they just wanted to help TFC once again by providing them a hated rival. :P

Despite the organization being far from perfect, I must say the CSA has been doing some good things of late.

Despite the organization being far from perfect, I must say the CSA has been doing some good things of late.

Now if only they'd actually force them to actually stock more Canadian players...

Instead we have situations like TFC magically being granted more international spots and (at best i can tell) no long term plan to fix the situation.

Now if only they'd actually force them to actually stock more Canadian players...

Instead we have situations like TFC magically being granted more international spots and (at best i can tell) no long term plan to fix the situation.

That is a problem right now, but I think it will balance out in the end. I think the clubs will rectify that problem and be active in developing their own talent. Well, Vancouver at the very least will. As for TFC, to their credit, they do start a young, up and coming guy in Nana and have given Gabe some run outs. They also start 5 domestic players in most of their games so it's not as bad as people are making it out to be, and it's definately a great start for pro soccer in Canada.

I have no doubt that we'll be seing Quebec based National team players coming home.

I have no doubt that we'll be seing Quebec based National team players coming home.

Patrice Bernier mentionned not too long ago in an interview with Radio-Canada that his current contract is finishing after the 2011 season and that the Impact FO "know where to find him"...

I wouldn't be surprised if Bernier, Océan and a few others joined the club.

Patrice Bernier mentionned not too long ago in an interview with Radio-Canada that his current contract is finishing after the 2011 season and that the Impact FO "know where to find him"...

I wouldn't be surprised if Bernier, Océan and a few others joined the club.

Maybe Gerba gets a proper run out?

7 members of UM will also be at the news conference tomorrow including myself. Classy move on the part of the Impact and hopefully a sign that they realize how important supporters groups will be in MLS when the family crowd on discounted tickets model will no longer be feasible.

Archived