Montreal 2012: Conference press tomorrow

Blackdude

Actually, I was thinking about the TV angle as well. CBC generally only shows the TFC home games, so I hope they will rotate the 3 Canadian teams depending who is at home. Also, make a big production of each Canadian derby.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Actually, I was thinking about the TV angle as well. CBC generally only shows the TFC home games, so I hope they will rotate the 3 Canadian teams depending who is at home. Also, make a big production of each Canadian derby.

Who's to say a sports network won't grab the rights? CBC currently owns English-language rights, but RDS has French-language rights in Quebec for the Habs.

This is an interesting question. If Impact games were shown only on SRC, I wouldn't mind at all, but for those who don't want to sit through a French broadcast it would be too bad.

(Actually I would mind. I prefer the Impact broadcasts because I can't stand Nigel Reed, but all of SRC is broadcast on a 1-hour delay in Manitoba, so Impact games are an hour old when they are aired here).

I believe that if SRC continues to broadcast the Impact in MLS, it will be shown live on their website. But since ESPN has the rights to MLS in the States, it is likely that RDS (ESPN, TSN) will try and buy the rights for 2012. But I'd prefer Radio Canada if they can assume their broadcaster role and show every game live on TV.

It's not exactly TSN I'm talking about, but RDS. RDS showed whole Impact Voyageurs Cup games (on tape delay) on their channel this season, and shows league game highlights during sports wrap-ups, all done in French. Not bad actually! That makes me think they're kind of interested to air MLS games

• 2 weeks later...

i believe rds will have the mls tv rights for the mtl franchise; if it wont be rds maybe it will be the new tva sports network but i am willing to bet that their games will be on tv. one of garber's criterions for a franchise was tv rights and i am quite sure that IMFC has protocole to move forward with in 2012

• 2 months later...

Archived