NCC Game Day 2 Vancouver Whitecaps vs. Montreal Impact

1-1 the final. Not the 3 points we wanted but it will have to do. We are struggling in the finishing department so far this year. Boy is Montreal getting the red cards. Brown in the first game now Braz & Agourram. So Montreal will be without 3 starters for their next game against TFC.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Equally ridiculous were the Marlon James dive and Adam Braz's CFL tackle in the area that followed. Calm finish by Haber, clinical really.

A draw is a fair result, the teams looked equal (although I'd give Montreal the slight edge). They now have three players out for next week's match against TFC. Can't say I'm too broken up about that.

Placentino should have been booked for crawling off the field when he was subbed. That's taking the game into disrepute. Shameful, rude, ignorant, disrespectful to everyone else on the field and in the stadium.

Over-react much? You make it sound like he mooned the Ref as he was going off, and then pissed all over the 4th official before wiping his ass with the corner flag. I've seen a lot of players walk off the field a lot slower than that and not get booked, and frankly, this Ref was card-happy enough as it was.

So Montreal will be without 3 starters for their next game against TFC.
Agourram is not your typical starter yet. As for Braz, he's easily expandable with the def corpse we have, just throw in Gatti (underestimated IMO), or better Pesoli at CB if he's cleared to play and send Aaboubou take Braz's place. And there's also Jocqueviel. So let's say we're gonna be down by 1.5 starters.

Oh, and did I say the refs sucked badly ?

I'm pretty sure there gonna start Billy at right back against TFC in place of Braz, its his natural position..
I hope they don't. Why not start him there in a league match before, just to see how it goes for him (and the whole back line that goes with that) ? I think the Pesoli/Jocqueviel move at CB to push Aaboubou at RB is the best suited for the hard times that lies ahead of us with only one point so far.

Desperately hope that this contentiously-refereed match ends up giving the Whitecaps the one-point margin they need to win the Voyageurs Cup and Toronto FC fans spend the next year reminding me that we didn't really deserve it.

Yes, yes I could live with that.

Over-react much? You make it sound like he mooned the Ref as he was going off, and then pissed all over the 4th official before wiping his ass with the corner flag. I've seen a lot of players walk off the field a lot slower than that and not get booked, and frankly, this Ref was card-happy enough as it was.

I doubt anyone could have come off the field slower without sitting down. Pathetic.

Placentino should have been booked for crawling off the field when he was subbed. That's taking the game into disrepute. Shameful, rude, ignorant, disrespectful to everyone else on the field and in the stadium.

There was an injury when he came off. A Caps player subbed off later and was just as slow. It didn't matter because it was injury time.

Problem with the NCC is that it's in the spring, when we always suck, instead of in the late sumer/fall, when we we're always on fire. :) Oh well. So much for a Canadian team doing anything in the CL.

The ref sucked. The foul outside the box did not exist and he did not ask his assistant for help before making the call. I don't think he can be blamed for the call on Braz. The Impact had completely neutralized (neutered?) Vancouver before they got some help from the ref.

Thankfully about a 500X better match than last Wednesday. The improvement in weather sure helped and the pitch looked, and looked like it played, brilliant.

Caps have to feel fortunate to come away with the draw. Controversial ending or not Montreal had a couple of really good opportunities to finish the match off in the 2nd half but didn't so settling for the point maybe isn't that great an injustice. But boy, 2 point evaporating with the draw hurts both these clubs smartly.

Not sure how badly Braz is going to be missed next match. I'm sure he'll miss playing but I think Montreal can adjust for his absence.

Oh, and Mr. Haber, leave the gloves in the locker room.

I doubt anyone could have come off the field slower without sitting down. Pathetic.

He could have taken a nap on the field before he came off and it still wouldn't have mattered since play had been stopped anyway for an injury, as several people now have pointed out. Even if it hadn't been, your threshold for accusing someone of bringing the "game into disrepute" and being "shameful, rude, ignorant, disrespectful" is ridiculously low.

He could have taken a nap on the field before he came off and it still wouldn't have mattered since play had been stopped anyway for an injury, as several people now have pointed out. Even if it hadn't been, your threshold for accusing someone of bringing the "game into disrepute" and being "shameful, rude, ignorant, disrespectful" is ridiculously low.

Which is ironic because Vic is a big Charmaine Hooper supporter.

Narduch, what happened to Massive Attack, get tired of that one?

Hooper is on the FIFA Football Committe with Pele, Beckenbauer, Bobby Charlton and Eusebio. I don't know much about your background so I'll go with their opinion over yours.

If someone was injured, sure, that would explain it. And yeah, I've always had a ridiculously low tolerance for taking the game into disrepute.

Narduch, what happened to Massive Attack, get tired of that one?

Hooper is on the FIFA Football Committe with Pele, Beckenbauer, Bobby Charlton and Eusebio. I don't know much about your background so I'll go with their opinion over yours.

If someone was injured, sure, that would explain it. And yeah, I've always had a ridiculously low tolerance for taking the game into disrepute.

Username was lost with the forum switch.

And just because somebody gets a nice plumb job doesn't take away from some of their previous classless acts.

But of course you being Hooper's #1 apologist makes you blind and stupid on that issue.

Really, you are going to make a big deal about having some useless bureaucratic position? Next thing you'll tell me is that Jack Warner is a great man because he also works for FIFA.

Archived