Toronto FC @ Real Salt Lake Sat. May 1st

jpg75

The boys are on the road at RSL tomorrow, kick-off at 9pm EDT.

From the clubs mass email to members:

After two home wins in the league and cup, Toronto FC are back on the road to face Real Salt Lake on Saturday night. Kick off is at 9:00 p.m. ET live on Rogers Sportsnet.

There's a busy month ahead with seven matches in May, and five of them on the road, but the boys are in confident mood after winning three of the last four matches in all competitions. They'll be hoping to pick up their first road points of the season against an RSL team that hasn't won since opening day.

The team trained at BMO Field this morning before leaving for the airport. Ty Harden and Nick Garcia have not made the trip due to injuries sustained in the win over the Impact.

Didn't see that starting lineup coming. :confused: I suspect we'll see at least two possibly three substitutions at half-time. Get an early goal and maybe something can still be salvaged from this game but it's going to be very difficult to claw back a 2-0 deficit. If people are looking for streams they could always sign up for bet365.com. That's where I am watching it.

That was arguably the worst half of football I've seen from TFC, all things considered. Boring to watch and unsuccessful to boot. Horrible tactics - maybe if you have a veteran team used to playing with each other that can hang on to the ball when they have it then this sort of thing might work - but there have been gaps all throughout the half. This is more defensive than I would have expected Canada to play against France in the 1986 World Cup. Not sure how Andy Williams got so wide open with all day on the ball with 5 defensive midfielders to choose from that should have been marking him on that 2nd goal, you'd think one of them would have picked him up - as it was Nana had to leave marking his man and come over to try to cover him and was never set for it.

Nice to hear that Will Johnson will be released by RSL for the Argentina match - he's playing well tonight, about the only bit of good news for Canadian viewers, and definitely not from a TFC perspective.

It's too bad TFC couldn't get Will Johnson when Chicago put his rights on the trade block. Maybe Chicago wanted nothing to do with Toronto after they dragged their heals and held out for more when TFC had McBride's rights.

Wow this one is a yawner...

Taking Nane off was a mistake. Not starting JDG and DeRo at the getgo and playing a 4-4-2 was a mistake. Quite frankly, they should have been subbed off in the second half, perhaps it would be a tie game in that case. Why Preki decided to not start them is a complete mystery to me. Perhaps he still has some young coach mistakes left to impact TFC with.

Adrian Cann has been solid. Nana got horribly turned on the second goal by Findley, he ate him.

You know you can talk about missed chances; how much better RSL's left side was compared to TFC's right side; How as physically strong Nana and Cann are, they are too slow to be partners; How poor Nane is.......and even how ****e the ref was (talk about an overcompensating librarian!)

...but it really comes down to Preki getting the tactics COMPLETED wrong in the first half. Why was he so scared of RSL! This is a parity league. Get after everyone. Mano-i-mano.

You know you can talk about missed chances; how much better RSL's left side was compared to TFC's right side; How as physically strong Nana and Cann are, they are too slow to be partners; How poor Nane is.......and even how ****e the ref was (talk about an overcompensating librarian!)

...but it really comes down to Preki getting the tactics COMPLETED wrong in the first half. Why was he so scared of RSL! This is a parity league. Get after everyone. Mano-i-mano.

Nana isn't slow.

This is more defensive than I would have expected Canada to play against France in the 1986 World Cup.

It looked like Canada vs the USA and Mexico in the WC road qualifers in March, '97. Couldn't keep the ball and couldn't defend. Dasovic should have clear memories of those two matches: he was on the field for both.

Archived