Begovic lets in 5

davelee05

^ the point is that none of them ever gave the pretenses that they were going to represent BiH, nor did they syphon away resources or development money away from their country.

Personally, I'm a little forgiving about all of this, having lived in different countries and having children growing up in different countries. If Begovic declined to play for Canada and then ended up playing for BiH, I'm sure you'd mostly find well-wishing on this board. The fact is that he was Canadian when it suited him, and when it didn't, he was something else.

I guess if you want to give a list of players who could have played for BiH, you can, but I'm just saying that it is largely irrellevant. In this case, it is not 'what could have been' that bugs us most, we just question his honour/ethics if he jumps ship at the first opportunity.

For one he never played in your A squad it was your U-21 squad so yea. But to answer your question, Bosnia has had plenty of talents that had chosen different countries over Bosnia, such as Marco Marin, Dario Srna, Mladen Petric, Vedran Corluka, Dejan Lovren, and the list can go for ages. Now do you see me complaining about that or any other Bosnia in this country about those players? No. But you guys are complaining over ONE player leaving your squad, thats ridiculous. Hes not going to Chelsea since Stoke dont want to let him go so yea.

Tell me. Did any of those players you listed play for your national team in a world cup (youth or otherwise?) Did any of those players appear in a commercial for Adidas (or Nike, or Umbro) purporting their support for Bosnia? Did any of those players state on a Bosnia radio station they have an allegiance to play for Bosnia?

My wife is from Bosnia, as of course is my father-in-law. My wife has the same immigration story he does. Both agree he should be playing for Canada. Simply because of the declarations and commitments he made. If he had such allegiance to Bosnia he'd have said "thanks, no thanks" to Canada at the youth level.

Tell me. Did any of those players you listed play for your national team in a world cup (youth or otherwise?) Did any of those players appear in a commercial for Adidas (or Nike, or Umbro) purporting their support for Bosnia? Did any of those players state on a Bosnia radio station they have an allegiance to play for Bosnia?

My wife is from Bosnia, as of course is my father-in-law. My wife has the same immigration story he does. Both agree he should be playing for Canada. Simply because of the declarations and commitments he made. If he had such allegiance to Bosnia he'd have said "thanks, no thanks" to Canada at the youth level.

Okay lets put you in Begovic's shoes right now if you were in that radio station with him, your in an Canadian radio station and they ask you are you going to play for Canada and mind you knowing that there are hundreds maybe thousands of people listening to you and the host asks you are you going to play for Canada, what would you say? Personally i would say yes even though in my head its a no due no the fact because if i say No on the Air you would get blasted by the host and by phone calls from people, so yea... And please quit mentioning that freakin commercial please, it has nothing to do with anything and btw he didnt claim his commitment to Canada in that commercial....

Okay lets put you in Begovic's shoes right now if you were in that radio station with him, your in an Canadian radio station and they ask you are you going to play for Canada and mind you knowing that there are hundreds maybe thousands of people listening to you and the host asks you are you going to play for Canada, what would you say? Personally i would say yes even though in my head its a no due no the fact because if i say No on the Air you would get blasted by the host and by phone calls from people, so yea... And please quit mentioning that freakin commercial please, it has nothing to do with anything and btw he didnt claim his commitment to Canada in that commercial....

He was in that station for one reason only! Rumours had been swirling for weeks about who he would choose. The purpose of the entire interview was to ask him that question. Just refuse the interview if you think you are going to have to lie!

As to the commercial, it shows him in goal with a Maple Leaf on his chest! Plus it says 'Canadian Men's U-20 Keeper' at the beginning. The point everyone is making is that he was fine representing Canada when it suited him, but easily changed his mind when a better opportunity presented itself. The same is being shown at Stoke. Begovic has NO LOYALTY except to himself.

He was in that station for one reason only! Rumours had been swirling for weeks about who he would choose. The purpose of the entire interview was to ask him that question. Just refuse the interview if you think you are going to have to lie!

As to the commercial, it shows him in goal with a Maple Leaf on his chest! Plus it says 'Canadian Men's U-20 Keeper' at the beginning. The point everyone is making is that he was fine representing Canada when it suited him, but easily changed his mind when a better opportunity presented itself. The same is being shown at Stoke. Begovic has NO LOYALTY except to himself.

Umm as i recall the radio station host asks a series of questions about Portsmouth and some other things and then hops to the topic of the NT issue so yea... Begovic has loyalty to Stoke, its Stoke who have no loyalty to Begovic, Why? Well because that Sorenson (Stoke City GK) idiot took 4 goals in his net against Chelsea and played a horrible a game from what i saw, now if you don't put in Begovic who is better than him and you say "hey ill let you play in the Cup game" id say screw off im not playing either if im your "cup" goalie. They show no respect to Begovic as a goalie at all.

As far as the commercial goes it doesn't matter if hes in a freakin Canadian jersey, does that automatically declare him an Canadian Player and Nationality? Because it actually doesn't at all.

Hey there my pal from Sarajevo. Are you not somewhat gayo? With your pleather pants you *****, looking good like BEGOVIC!!

Hey there my pal, how does it feel knowing you have an ****ty NT which will never qualify in North ****ing America, when you cant qualify there you deserve to forfeit soccer as one.

^ Just a simple question...

What was the last tournament that Bosnia ever qualified for?

Oh right, they've never qualified for any major tournament.

Seriously, I know people in the Croatian and Serbian communities who do less dick-waving than this bloke, and they've at least accomplished something recently in soccer.

Archived