Montreal In Soon, Ottawa will have to wait!

Trax

Actually, there are already some people who are expressing interest, on impactsoccer.com, in forming a new supporter's group that would have a different vibe from the Ultra's.

Really? By different vibe, do you mean, less 'Ultra' like? I guess they can target the fans who are not necessarily "Hardcore", but are not necessarily soccer mom's/dad's either. I'm a little surprised.

I'll assume that the existing UM would then play the role of the U-Sector. I believe the Sounders had 1 supporters group, but 6 other groups formed when it moved to MLS, but I thought the UM would resonate with the entire soccer community in Montreal, and not just fans from the USL/NASL team.

Really? By different vibe, do you mean, less 'Ultra' like? I guess they can target the fans who are not necessarily "Hardcore", but are not necessarily soccer mom's/dad's either. I'm a little surprised.

I'll assume that the existing UM would then play the role of the U-Sector. I believe the Sounders had 1 supporters group, but 6 other groups formed when it moved to MLS, but I thought the UM would resonate with the entire soccer community in Montreal, and not just fans from the USL/NASL team.

Basically it has been discussed quite a bit but, predictably, has run into quite some difficulty already based on the type of Dodge Caravan crowd that frequents much of the proposed stand (South). There were people asked to sit down and the like. I'd love to see it take off though, to help bring the ambience around that side of the stadium.

The Ultras had to fight tooth and nail year after year to have their section, and there's not yet the numbers or structure in place for a less ultra supporters group, especially because the Impact still flood SS with cheap tickets and one-time spectators.

I expect with the expansion and the increase in season tickets, we'll see something get more organized. The UM will grow, and the more supporters, the better, although I'd personnaly prefer to spread out the groups to avoid stepping on toes.

Archived