Milltown FC schedule now confirmed

VPjr

How are these players going to get that chance to take it to the next level if they're good enough? Is the idea just hopefully that the league improves to a point where scouts will come on their own to watch? Is there a way to better market some of these players to pro teams?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On the Milltown Roster, I've seen Thierry Mangwa play, I'm positive he could contribute at the MLS level. I've seen Gersi Xhuti play too, and while I don't think he could step into the MLS right now as a starter, he would certainly be a player for a MLS team to develop. In the context of TFC, I'd rather see Xhuti or Agustin De Medina taking up a roster spot than Ibrahim or Nane.

TFC is certainly aware of the players in the CSL, as they've had players trial and train with the team since pretty much day one. Why they have never taken a risk on a CSL player as even a squad player, I'm not sure.

How are these players going to get that chance to take it to the next level if they're good enough? Is the idea just hopefully that the league improves to a point where scouts will come on their own to watch? Is there a way to better market some of these players to pro teams?

if you know what you are doing and have good contacts (+ have plenty of video evidence to back you up) you can introduce players to teams with relative ease. Video makes the world a lot smaller. You don't wait for the scouts to come to you. You have to do the leg work your self, just like many players and agents contact us to give a player a shot.

Archived