PSV close to signing Atiba Hutchinson

SCF08

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Atiba has played 45 mins today in PSV's second friendly of the season. They won 0-9.

PSV first half:

Cássio Ramos, Simons, Koevermans, Amrabat, Pieters, Nijland, Ojo, Labyad, Bakkal, Ritzmaier en Bourdouxhe.

PSV second half:

Zoet, Vukovic, Toivonen, Engelaar, Hutchinson, Wuytens, Dzsudzsák, Reis, Mokhtar, Sabajo en Najah.

Match has just finished so probably a pic of him tomorrow.

After yesterday's 0-9 win PSV managed a 0-8 win today against another amateur team. Atiba played 45 mins again and played in central defence.

PSV 1st half:

Isaksson, Toivonen, Engelaar, Lens, Hutchinson, Pieters, Wuytens, Dzsudzsak, Ojo, Manolev en Reis.

PSV 2nd half:

Cássio Ramos, Vukovic, Simons, Koevermans, Amrabat, Nijland, Labyad, Sabajo, Ritzmaier, Bourdouxhe en Najah.

Video highlights of yesterdays game:

http://www.psv.tv/index.php?item=if&content=player&ProductID=7268

After yesterday's 0-9 win PSV managed a 0-8 win today against another amateur team. Atiba played 45 mins again and played in central defence.

PSV 1st half:

Isaksson, Toivonen, Engelaar, Lens, Hutchinson, Pieters, Wuytens, Dzsudzsak, Ojo, Manolev en Reis.

PSV 2nd half:

Cássio Ramos, Vukovic, Simons, Koevermans, Amrabat, Nijland, Labyad, Sabajo, Ritzmaier, Bourdouxhe en Najah.

Video highlights of yesterdays game:

http://www.psv.tv/index.php?item=if&content=player&ProductID=7268

Interesting ...

Interesting ...

It looks like he will play there for at least the pre-season friendlies.

PSV have sold young prospect Marcellis to AZ, released Andre Ooijer and Salcido and Maza have just played the World Cup. Salcido wants to leave PSV as well so PSV have a lot of problems in central defence.

The manager said he saw Hutchinson at CB for Canada and thinks he can fill the position quite well.

It looks like he will play there for at least the pre-season friendlies.

PSV have sold young prospect Marcellis to AZ, released Andre Ooijer and Salcido and Maza have just played the World Cup. Salcido wants to leave PSV as well so PSV have a lot of problems in central defence.

The manager said he saw Hutchinson at CB for Canada and thinks he can fill the position quite well.

When was the last time Atiba played CB for us?

When was the last time Atiba played CB for us?

Gold Cup '05 if I'm not mistaken. I can see how he stood out in that tournament as the rest of the Canada squad were pretty dire. Agree it's a waste of attacking talent, but if you need a mobile, ball-playing center back you could do much worse.

Five years ago. I certainly hope it turns out well for him in that position but if it doesn't I hope that he is still able to prove his worth and become a first team performer in midfield.

Happy Canada Day to all! I've noticed watching the Dutch National Team at the World Cup that lots of their attacks start from very good passing from the Center Backs! The full backs push up on the wings and join the attack often leaving just the two Center Backs in defense! I think good teams like Brazil might exploit this but we'll see! My point is that if Atiba can learn how to start attacks out of the middle of defense it could be a real plus! Maybe he can become the defensive midfielder/destroyer that Canada needs to play in front of the back four!

I remember the 2005 Gold Cup vs the US, where I think Gervais was his CB partner (McKenna suspended), Simpson at left back, Braz on the right (getting b*tchslapped by Landycakes on one occasion). Hutchinson scored the opening goal...unfortunately, past Sutton. I can't remember if he played at CB in the game before in the loss to the Ticos, but I know he went back into midfield vs Cuba and scored a nice goal from distance.

I remember the 2005 Gold Cup vs the US, where I think Gervais was his CB partner (McKenna suspended), Simpson at left back, Braz on the right (getting b*tchslapped by Landycakes on one occasion). Hutchinson scored the opening goal...unfortunately, past Sutton. I can't remember if he played at CB in the game before in the loss to the Ticos, but I know he went back into midfield vs Cuba and scored a nice goal from distance.

To this day I still find it beyond comprehension why Donovan was not sent off! ( Oh yeah, this is CONCACAF)

To this day I still find it beyond comprehension why Donovan was not sent off! ( Oh yeah, this is CONCACAF)

Me too. But my shining memory of Braz in that game was that really hard 50-50 challenge on Vanney (I believe?) and winning the ball in the process: a textbook challenge, but still second behind Hastings and his quality shoulder charge on Donovan two years later at the same tourney, knocking the American on his can.

( Oh yeah, this is CONCACAF)

It seems FIFA has our refs in high regard with Carlos Batres getting a quarterfinal game and Archundia a favorite to get the final (with Webb, who's been excellent) or at least a 1/2.

As for Hutchinson playing CB I only remember 2003 where he was excellent durig the U-20 WC. He was named on the tournament all-star if I'm not mistaken.

Gator, good point about building from the back (having CB with passing skills) and that's one of the reason why I'm pleased with Jakovic playing CB for us. I wouldn't mind a Jakovic-Atiba pairing if Atiba was going to play there at PSV but I would be worried for our midfield quality. Anyways, it's still too early to tell where he is gonna play with PSV.

Speaking of CB, do we know what's going on with Edgar? I find the fact he hasn't been present to a MNT game or camp in 3 years odd.

I wouldn't mind a Jakovic-Atiba pairing if Atiba was going to play there at PSV but I would be worried for our midfield quality. Anyways, it's still too early to tell where he is gonna play with PSV.

Yes, I agree. We can't afford to lose too much talent in the center of midfield at the moment. While we have a few options down the wings, there really aren't many others that can play more central, not well enough, at least.

^ Add Hume and Hoillet to that list.

Still rather see Atiba in midfield.

Hirschfeld

Straith/Nana Straith/Nana McKenna/Jakovic Klukowski

McKenna/Jakovic

Atiba Jules

Jono/Hume/Peters Friend/Jackson Hoillett/Simpson

Archived