Possible roster for South American friendlies

nolando

I expect a lot of comings and goings with this roster, but if you took out the MLS starters and the Scandinavian-based players, it is a pretty thin pool in places. Seems like a few will drop out with nagging injuries (Jackson?), family (Hume?) or club transfer (de Jong) and I do fully expect a few MLSers to be brought in, prob. DDR and JDG for starters:

Friend

Jackson

Gerba

Simpson

Hume

Peters

Wassey

Ledgerwood

Hutch

Bernier

Edgar

Hastings

Straith

McKenna

Stalteri

De Jong

Klukowski

Wagenaar

Al-Shaibani

Plus 2 or 3 Wildcards?

Nakajima

Sidra

Sutton

Haber

Hemming

Rivas

Beaulieu-Bourgault

Rosenlund

Ribeiro

Edson Edward

Ornoch

Srdjan

Good thread idea Nolando!

BTW, the Danish SuperLiga last games are scheduled for May 16th, so Hutch and Bernier should be available.

Here's a list I posted last week of players who should be available (the players in bold are the one I would call for the 2 games):

Keepers :

Wagenaar

Al-Shaibani

Street (?)

Misiewicz

Defenders :

Edgar

Kluka

Straith

Mckenna

Stalteri

Hastings

Sidra

Midfielders

Peters

Bernier

Hutchinson

DeJong

JBB

Ledgerwood

Nakajima-Farran

Radz

Simpson

Wassey

Ribeiro (?)

Forwards:

Jackson

Friend

Gerba (?)

Ademolu (?)

Hume

Haber (?)

Ornoch

If we're stretched thin i wonder if Hart would call Imhof back into the squad?

I remember Imhof announced his retirement from international football some time ago (there was a thread about that). However, if Hart calls him to play agaisnt Argentina, maybe he chould think about it and change his mind.

I think the CSA needs to start pressuring Fernandes, Judas, and Hoilett. A friendly match with Argentina would be a great attraction.

You're right on! These guys have to make a decision, if a marquee friendly with Argentina doesn't interest them I think it's fair to say we're not in their plans! Hart has to find out sooner than later who wants to play for us and start building his squad!

I remember Imhof announced his retirement from international football some time ago (there was a thread about that). However, if Hart calls him to play agaisnt Argentina, maybe he chould think about it and change his mind.

When he retired he said he'd be open to return if the team ever needed him. I posted that article from the Bochum website back in pre-season...

You're right on! These guys have to make a decision, if a marquee friendly with Argentina doesn't interest them I think it's fair to say we're not in their plans! Hart has to find out sooner than later who wants to play for us and start building his squad!

Exactly junior has always said that he was waiting to sort out his club situation... well the season is going to be over and you are going to be playing Argentina if he doesn't come then its safe to say he never will

^ Really? I love Jakovic but Edgar's played well in the Premier League and McKenna's been captaining a Bundesliga team lately.

Jakovic is Canada's best centerback regardless of the leagues the other two play in (or in some cases don't play in)

I am not looking forward to these games anymore. If none of the MLS guys can come we will simply get embarrassed out there, we might against Argentina anyway, but I would feel like we have a chance to at least get a draw. If we cannot take all our best players to Argentina we might as well ask the CSA NOT to show this game on TV as it won't do any good to grow the popularity of the CMNT.

The home games in september might be the most important games for the MNT for a long time. We have to make thoes games count

I am not looking forward to these games anymore. If none of the MLS guys can come we will simply get embarrassed out there, we might against Argentina anyway, but I would feel like we have a chance to at least get a draw. If we cannot take all our best players to Argentina we might as well ask the CSA NOT to show this game on TV as it won't do any good to grow the popularity of the CMNT.

The home games in september might be the most important games for the MNT for a long time. We have to make thoes games count

I'm not saying there isn't potential to get gubbed no matter who we put on the field in Argentina but I can make an argument that only 1 or possibly 2 of our best starting 11 are in MLS! I want to watch the games no matter what, we have so few opportunties to do so, any soccer fan with a bit of knowledge knows we are not on the scale with one of the favourites to win the World Cup! I do agree with you about the importance of the home games in September however!

I think we need to put the best team on the field or we'll get killed:

--------------Friend/Gerba--------------

Simpson---------Hutch------------Radz

------------Imhof------Bernier----------

Kluks-----Edgar-----McKenna---Stalteri

-------------Al-Shabs/Wags------------

I think we need to put the best team on the field or we'll get killed:

--------------Friend/Gerba--------------

Simpson---------Hutch------------Radz

------------Imhof------Bernier----------

Kluks-----Edgar-----McKenna---Stalteri

-------------Al-Shabs/Wags------------

A solid lineup, injuries and club commitments might be a factor! I think Radz and Stalteri are injured, although the match is still a month away so that can change! I would replace Radz with Hume and Stalteri with Peters or Ledgerwood! My other concern is whether Edgar answers the call, he still hasn't played for the MNT! Klukowski can play CB then bring in DeJong at LB! I like the idea of Imhof AND Bernier in front of our back 4!

Wags/Haidar

Stalteri---Edgar---Mckenna---Kluka

------Bernier-----DeJong-------

Peters--------Hutch----------Simpson

---------------Friend-----------------------

Pretty much the same lineup as jpg75 except for DeJong starting at D-mid instead of Imhoff (I don't think he'll be there).

^nolando, what do you the odds are for Hart chosing to start Stalteri in the Argy match?

Probably quite high...although he hasn't even been making the bench at club level. (correct me if I'm wrong, Ed) We know that more than most players in his situation, Stalteri will still be fit and his leadership might really be needed down there. Not really the match to throw Straith to the wolves, although a half against Ven. might be nice. I don't even rate Peters at right back but we are very limited. Expect a number of dropouts since we how many of these guys listed have been out injured in the last month or two?

Jackson, Friend, Radz, Hume(?)

Geez, this could get really ugly...

^ We were embarrassed against Macedonia and that was almost our best lineup! What do you think Argentina is going to do to us!?!

You mean the game with the bribed ref who gave out terrible pk calls? That game doesn't even count in my opinion ( I wish fifa would listen to me)

I'm not saying there isn't potential to get gubbed no matter who we put on the field in Argentina but I can make an argument that only 1 or possibly 2 of our best starting 11 are in MLS! I want to watch the games no matter what, we have so few opportunties to do so, any soccer fan with a bit of knowledge knows we are not on the scale with one of the favourites to win the World Cup! I do agree with you about the importance of the home games in September however!

Three out of our starting eleven comes from MLS, De Rosario, De Guzman, and Jakovic (injured unfortunately) and two players can push for starting gigs if they are playing well, Johnson and Hainault. Even if it is just a few players, it is our best attacking player, our best mid fielder, and our best young defender. I am under no illusion and believe we can win even with our ‘A’ squad or even a draw, but our ‘B+’ team against a full Argentina is a recipe for disaster. Hopefully I am wrong, but I see such a game televised in Canada without some of our best players just reinforcing all the negative stereotypes that surround our national program to the average fan. If the CSA is serious about growing the MNT appeal, then this game might actually be a mistake. I will still watch it, but I am not as excited as I was when I first heard about it

I am a huge fan but Stalteri is done.

Lineup:

Fernandes

Straith McKenna Edgar Kluka

Ledgerwood

Wassey Hutchinson DeJong

Friend Simpson

- replace Jackson with Hoilett if Junior accepts a call up.

I like Jakovic as well finchster, and no doubt JDG is a starter with the team, I jsust think that Edgar (if he shows) is good replacement for Jakovich and Dejong or Simpson are at least equal to DeRo on the left of midfield! Just my opinion!

Archived