Canadian Soccer Rivalries

In response to the thread about the Toronto-Montreal rivalry. I thought I'd take a look at the rivalries between the three Canadian teams in the Voyageurs Cup over the next few days on Fighting For Canadian Supremacy. I've started with Toronto-Montreal in response to the thread.

http://voyageurscup.wordpress.com/2010/04/18/rivalry-toronto-fc-vs-montreal-impact/

And for supporters of the Vancouver, Montreal, and Toronto. I'd love to hear why a bit of what you think of each rivalry to add to future posts.

Cheers

You're getting ragged on in the Montreal forums for this article, especially this passage:

Despite the “mutual dislike” among the supporters mentioned earlier, there are many supporters of the two club who do get along usually with one and other, mainly those who have been there in the long run. Most of these are Montreal Ultras who admire and respect the U-Sector, Toronto’s soccer supporters group that has existed since 2000.

Don't let anecdotal evidence between a few members (Facebook?) fool you, the UM02 as a group don't get along with any of the TFC supporter groups.

Archived