Teal Bunbury scores 4 minutes into his first start!

Vigilante

After subbing in the past two games, Bunbury has scored four minutes into his first start with his dad apparently watching. Im following the script live as two players I follow are starting: Bunbury and Chhetri

http://www.hillcrestroadblog.com/2010/04/live-commentary-for-open-cup-play-in.html

"Bunbury received a ball on on the left, held off three defenders and chipped a ball over Ceus from the edge of the 18...more cross than shot, but he put it in a dangerous spot and beat the Colorado GK" - scores 4 minutes in

Jackson? Yes! Hoilett? I hope that he'll play for us... Bunbury? I hope he'll become a great striker. Hume? I don't think so, sorry, he was outstanding at U20 WC but he didn't prove nothing with our MNT.

I don't know about that Iain has played well in an energy role for Canada and when he has subbed on he has always been dangerous in my mind ever since the 2007 Gold Cup semi.

I am loving the future of Canada's strikers but don't forget Edwini-Bonsu and Porter! Looks like we'll have a great core we just need some of those guys to take it to another level

Originally Posted by sam

bunbury, jackson, hume, hoilett, haber, obw.... I love it :D

Socceronly wrote:

obw?

I wouldn't rule out that possibility. I am liking the sounds of having the likes of OBW and Bunbury to chose from up front for international matches. Its the first signs we have seen hope in so far as bringing player with flare and offensive potential. We have been starved for to long in this area.

BTW, Are you going to be back for the final two USIL matches?

Originally Posted by sam

bunbury, jackson, hume, hoilett, haber, obw.... I love it :D

Socceronly wrote:

obw?

I wouldn't rule out that possibility. I am liking the sounds of having the likes of OBW and Bunbury to chose from up front for international matches. Its the first signs we have seen hope in so far as bringing player with flare and offensive potential. We have been starved for to long in this area.

BTW, Are you going to be back for the final two USIL matches?

I think OBW is gonna have to do a lot more. However, TFC could be the problem as players seem to blossom when they leave...

are you kidding me!!!!nice for the kid, but let's talk soccer here.....that goalie was shocking never mind bad....he totally miss hit his cross and it went in.....what are you guys watching?????and as for obrian whiye on the mnt.....this guy hasn't done anything at all with tfc....everyone says he is so good, when will this come out? we are talking about a guy who everyone says, is big and fast.....don't you guys watch soccer around the world? big and fast means nothing in this sport(that is why it is the best sport in the world)(any size can play)....maybe only in mls where soccer is shit, they emphasize on big and fast and strong.....look at barca, all small players but good technically...arsenal same thing....chelsea one or 2 fast players(drogba and anelka) the rest good football brains....milan, has no one that is big and fast like OBW(lol).....inter has good football brains on the pitch......one excellent example is roma. there is absolutely no one on that team who is fast, but yet get great results because they have football players on the field not athletes....

stop watching other sports from america....this is soccer and will always be soccer, anyone can play. big, fast, small, tall, slow , quick.....just have to be smart and good with the ball....example: xavi and pirlo, xabi alonso, mascheranno, snejder, totti, lampard, ballack and the list goes on all night if you want......

are you kidding me!!!!nice for the kid, but let's talk soccer here.....that goalie was shocking never mind bad....he totally miss hit his cross and it went in.....what are you guys watching?????and as for obrian whiye on the mnt.....this guy hasn't done anything at all with tfc....everyone says he is so good, when will this come out? we are talking about a guy who everyone says, is big and fast.....don't you guys watch soccer around the world? big and fast means nothing in this sport(that is why it is the best sport in the world)(any size can play)....maybe only in mls where soccer is shit, they emphasize on big and fast and strong.....look at barca, all small players but good technically...arsenal same thing....chelsea one or 2 fast players(drogba and anelka) the rest good football brains....milan, has no one that is big and fast like OBW(lol).....inter has good football brains on the pitch......one excellent example is roma. there is absolutely no one on that team who is fast, but yet get great results because they have football players on the field not athletes....

stop watching other sports from america....this is soccer and will always be soccer, anyone can play. big, fast, small, tall, slow , quick.....just have to be smart and good with the ball....example: xavi and pirlo, xabi alonso, mascheranno, snejder, totti, lampard, ballack and the list goes on all night if you want......

Did you read the thread?

*random*

Even the teams you mentioned have some athleticism. You need a perfect balance of skill, technical ability, speed and athleticism to be a great team. All the elite teams in the world like Spain and Brazil have that. If Spain had no speed and athleticism, they would be like Mexico.

sorry man....but i just had to say something about OBW.....they were all talking about him anyways.....

I just don't think anyone has any unrealistic expectations. You never know but he really hasn't done anything TFC to warrant us chasing him.

Maybe he will leave TFC and turn into a superstar!!! LOL!

Archived