Patience Already Starting to Slip

powerof11

I am so disappointed with the TFC off season. After last years dismal finish I still held some optimism because at least they kept us riveted until the last game of the season with a shot to reach the playoffs. I seriously believe that this team could go the season without a victory. I did not see much of the first two games of the season but by reading the posts on this web site I gather that the team has been hard to watch. Like many who post on this site I feel that Mo has to go but whom do we replace him with? Is Preki the right man for the job? He apparently gets results but so does Jacques Lemaire and look what that has done to hockey. I will stop now before I ramble too much, I just hope that there are some positive signings for TFC in the near future.

TFC was coached by two rubes who had no clue about soccer on this side of the Atlantic the last two seasons. You finally get a coach who has some ideas as to what to put out on the field and you are jumping off the bandwagon 2 games into the season????

TFC was coached by two rubes who had no clue about soccer on this side of the Atlantic the last two seasons. You finally get a coach who has some ideas as to what to put out on the field and you are jumping off the bandwagon 2 games into the season????

Not jumpping right off, but really do you think Preki's replacements are quality enough? Have we seen a change in what are squad can accomplish. I'd say no so far. I know that Cann, Joseph, Hscanovics, Kocic, Conway, Harden, Gargan, and Usanov can provide depth, but none of them are gonna seperate us from the pack of the middling teams in the MLS. The amount of time Preki has had to put together this squad is just unfeasible to think Preki has gotten the guys he really wanted. He didn't have anytime to go and look for guys he wanted he had to settle with whats was avaiable to him and would be able to be get done in time for the season.

Preki needs a lot more time for him to assemble the squad of his choice. Not just the squad he quickly thrown together so they have enough guys to play a game.

No there is always hope. I hope we can hold team to one goal or none. We may need to. There is maybe White will turn out to be he super Striker we all hope he will be....just not feeling th e love for this team I did the first three years. Preki may be an established coach but i believe that all he can do with this bunch is help them keep the score close....I hope I am wrong.

Preki is the guy who can bring this team to the playoffs and build them to quality squad, but this first ha;f of this season is a wash, no one is gonna be able to build a team this fast effecitvely to have a winning team. Preki needs to be given paitence I know this and will give him it, but it boggles my mind they didn't try and start they training camp and pre-season earlier than they did in anticaption of what Preki was gonna try and do to the squad.

Preki is the guy who can bring this team to the playoffs and build them to quality squad, but this first ha;f of this season is a wash, no one is gonna be able to build a team this fast effecitvely to have a winning team. Preki needs to be given paitence I know this and will give him it, but it boggles my mind they didn't try and start they training camp and pre-season earlier than they did in anticaption of what Preki was gonna try and do to the squad.

MLS rules prevent teams from starting training camp prior to February 1st.

With the Leafs out of the playoffs MLSE knows you guys in TO won't be upset.. with TFC not doing so well ... heck you have hte Argos season soon, and the Raptors.. and Jays.. oh.. wait perhaps you should be upset...

Seriously the first half the season is to feel it out, bitch during the second half if Preki does not get better play out of his talent.

^I think there are enough TFC fans of an activist nature that the usual indifference Toronto sports clubs owners show for the performance of their respected teams doesn't really apply. If it comes down to it they will make it a mission to very publicly humiliate the organization off-field, and in style until they get what they want (Trader Mo's head). I'd bet on it. No organization can allow that to go on for long.

I haven't an opinion on Preki one way or another yet but the fact he's Trader Mo's man unfortunately counts against him. TFC is where TFC is today based 100% on Trader Mo's decision making up to this point. That means Preki became part of that "legacy" the second he signed on. Is that fair? Maybe not, but tough. It is what it is. Is he the right man for the job? Maybe, even a broken clock is right twice a day. Maybe Trader Mo got things right this time.

I actually don't think Preki has to do much more than field what looks like a reasonable team and keep within eye sight of a play off spot by the WC break to be given an opportunity by the fans to make his team. That being said I don't think things being what they are at this point in TFC's brief history that any coach picked by Trader Mo will be given very much allowance to get things together.

If Preki was ignorant of that fact when he signed on that's his own damned fault. He's not in Kansas anymore, Toto.

They better get something from Thursday or oh boy. The matches come fast and furious from here on. It's just too hard to imagine a team adding new faces every day getting knitted into a program under such circumstances.

Archived