DeRo becomes TFC all time scorer

canucklefan

TFC are looking good so far. O'Brian White isn't quite there yet up front so I suspect a new signing (Kerry Baptiste?) or Chad Barrett will be in there soon as a starter. Joseph Nane looks surprisingly good for a third (?) round pick and Hscanovics definitely looks the part at left back. Not sure Gargan is the answer in starting terms at right back but a definite upgrade on Attakora in that role. Would help to have JDG but Sanyang is great cover for central mid and Saric looks more convincing than he did against Columbus. Clearly no problem with not having Carl Robinson any more.

TFC are looking good so far. O'Brian White isn't quite there yet up front so I suspect a new signing (Kerry Baptiste?) or Chad Barrett will be in there soon as a starter. Joseph Nane looks surprisingly good for a third (?) round pick and Hscanovics definitely looks the part at left back. Not sure Gargan is the answer in starting terms at right back but a definite upgrade on Attakora in that role. Would help to have JDG but Sanyang is great cover for central mid and Saric looks more convincing than he did against Columbus. Clearly no problem with not having Carl Robinson any more.

I think you need to take off the rose-coloured glasses..

Written at half-time on Saturday when the game was 1-0. Hence the "so far". Things went south in a big way shortly thereafter obviously. I'd take some of the negative comments from people like Paul James about what was going wrong at left back in the first half more seriously if they had been written at the time rather than with the benefit of hindsight. I think it would have been unusual for a coach to make any change based on that first half performance especially with a newly signed player. Now based on Preki's post-game comments I suspect it will be the end of the line for Nick Garcia as a regular starter and Hscanovics will probably need to work on getting fully game fit before getting back in again.

Written at half-time on Saturday when the game was 1-0. Hence the "so far". Things went south in a big way shortly thereafter obviously. I'd take some of the negative comments from people like Paul James about what was going wrong at left back in the first half more seriously if they had been written at the time rather than with the benefit of hindsight. I think it would have been unusual for a coach to make any change based on that first half performance especially with a newly signed player. Now based on Preki's post-game comments I suspect it will be the end of the line for Nick Garcia as a regular starter and Hscanovics will probably need to work on getting fully game fit before getting back in again.

Here's hoping it's Garcia's last start. I've said it before, he's a 70th min sub at best.

I think you need to take off the rose-coloured glasses..

TBH, I could've wrote the same as BBTB at halftime, TFC looked good in that first half and Frei was rarely exposed.

Second half, another story and the two amateurish mistakes by Nane and Garcia completly changed the look of the game.

Archived