TFC signs Injured Latvian Left-Back

jojoflow

ya i did not make it up a person on the red patch boys did

im too lazy to make a new one up

I told myself to stop caring about this team so much than they do this I really dont get TFC

I think they are very lucky Vancouver is not entering the MLS this year because they would have lost a lot of their fans what were not from Toronto

Eveything you hear about TFC lately has been bad

I was just reading the thread (red patch boys) and they said he may not be hurt but know one knows when he was injurd

May well be an Adrian Serioux type situation in that you hear different versions of what unfolded and why from different sources. Beyond that it's worth bearing in mind that blog writers who don't have an impressive pro level career and/or the backing of a mainstream media outlet to help them to generate hits are always likely to accentuate the negative in order to gain attention. Duane Rollins isn't actually the worst culprit for that at the moment so that's more a general comment than something inspired by this specific blog entry.

http://www.tsn.ca/soccer/story/?id=317470

TORONTO -- Toronto FC has continued to tinker with its roster, announcing the signing of defender Raivis Hscanovics only hours before taking the field for the second game of the regular season.

The 23-year-old has made 39 appearances with Latvian club FC Skonto over the last three seasons. Toronto FC was scheduled to play the New England Revolution on Saturday night.

"Raivis is a good, young defender that we hope to have with us for some time," Toronto FC director of soccer Mo Johnston said in a release. "Despite his youth he brings some good experience with him from playing in some challenging leagues in Europe."

The team did not divulge any details about the deal.

Toronto FC dropped its season-opening game 2-0 to the Columbus Crew last week, and announced this week that captain Jim Brennan was retiring to join the front office.

The team, now in its fourth season in Major League Soccer, has never made the playoffs.

That should (assuming he's actually good enough) enhance the chances of getting something out of today's game. My guess would be Gargan - Garcia - Harden - Hscanovics across the back. If Attakora gets a game I hope it's at centre back.

Why would Attakora be taken out of the game? It's irrational. He's been our best defender.

My guess is Gargan-Harden-Garcia-Attakora With the Latvian used as a substitute until he gets more integrated into the squad.

Ideally I'd like it to be Gargan-Harden-Attakora-Latvian Dude

Why would Attakora be taken out of the game? It's irrational. He's been our best defender.

My guess of what Preki would do. No more no less. Gargan had to play right back. Attakora struggled last week against Columbus in that role. I knew Garcia would play and so far he actually looks not bad with two fullbacks that are more in tune with his style of play. Attakora and Harden could have gone either way. I thought Preki would favour Harden I have zero problem that he went with Attakora. Hscanovics (who looks like a slight upgrade on Jim Brennan so far) has been training with the team over the last two weeks. There wasn't going to be an issue with him integrating with the team.

Archived