Champions League

Guest Ed

Well I'm surprised they didn't hand the trophy over to an English team last September based on all the expert talking heads.

So how many English teams reached the semis???

Hello?????

Most experts I've read had Barcelona as Champions for this year.

Actually the bookies had Real Madrid as joint favorites at the start of the season. Some even had them favoured ahead of Barca. lol :D Nobody was giving Man Utd much of a chance, they all thought they wouldn't be able to cope w/o Ronaldo and that this would be kind of a rebuilding season.

Disgusting comments by Sir Alex Ferguson after the game yesterday. How he can get away with that remains a mystery....

Manchester United boss Sir Alex Ferguson on Rafael's sending-off: "Young boy, inexperience, but they got him sent off. They all rushed towards the referee. Typical Germans. You can't dispute that. The key issues were the goal before half-time and then the boy getting sent off, but it's still taken an exceptional goal to win the tie."

Just sour grapes. Shame Ribery is French though. It was also an obvious yellow card.

Incredible goal by Robben. I know he gets injured a lot, but I can't believe Real Madrid got rid of him.

How could they get rid of Wesley Sneijder also? There was a great quote in an article from a Spanish paper saying look at what Mourinho is doing with players that 'nobody wanted': Sneijder, Samuel, Lucio, Eto'o.

Manchester United boss Sir Alex Ferguson on Rafael's sending-off: "Young boy, inexperience, but they got him sent off. They all rushed towards the referee. Typical Germans. You can't dispute that. The key issues were the goal before half-time and then the boy getting sent off, but it's still taken an exceptional goal to win the tie."

Just sour grapes. Shame Ribery is French though. It was also an obvious yellow card.

Ferguson is disgraceful, the first time a BM player tackled Rooney he lept up and went at the fourth referee, crying away, calling for the cared. Didn't know he was German too (he also forgot the people who knighted him are also from German stock). I hope they throw the book at him, one of the notorious poor losers in world football and a constant manipulator of reffing, week in week out.

Apart from that, when it was 3-0 I told my son, watch how Manchester gets knocked out. You'd think after so many years of international influence an English team of that level would know how to play a match tactically, even a man down. Chelsea can do it, though they are pretty well the only one. Manchester ball watched, were lazy, had one single gear from start to finish, they were terribly coached the whole 2nd half. The man down is no excuse because even then they were a man up in the defensive and midfield zones, they were only missing up front. The least you should do is play it to there.

Ferguson is a relic, if they want to rebuild they have to do so without him.

Archived