National Stadium Nats Games TIFO Ideas

Tuscan

So, we all know that BMO Field is definitely the one place where we can play home games pretty much every friendly that is played there from now on (well... if there's a friendly in May it might test this theory). I've been thinking, why not raise the bar once again with our support there and throw about some massive TIFO ideas. Pie in the sky or not, let's hear 'em.

My initial idea is sort of a reversal of the pattern on the east stand, basically instead of the white maple leaf, what about creating a massive Canadian Flag TIFO that could be displayed when the boys first enter the pitch? That, I'm sure, would be a massive boost to them, seeing something that huge right in front of them. While I know it doesn't host the hardcore support, surely people in that stand could be convinced to hold a poster, maybe even two-sided, and to display it on command. We'd have to look at the cost of such a huge display, but I'm sure fundraising efforts could be put together far in advance to cover it.

Great idea. Taking this to the next step, make the new North End seating a BMO a Canadian Supporters section for all CMNT at BMO. The new stand is a perfect section for a supporter group; is sitting high, a great view of the field, and view of the section on TV.

An arrangement with the CSA could be made that will guarantee us first dibs on seats in the north end seats up to an arranged date. The Ticketmaster promo code would be feasible, as long as there are no leeks.

post-75-139465253019_thumb.jpg

Great idea. Taking this to the next step, make the new North End seating a BMO a Canadian Supporters section for all CMNT at BMO. The new stand is a perfect section for a supporter group; is sitting high, a great view of the field, and view of the section on TV.
It might be a perfect location, but not perfect pricing, as it's at the more expensive medium-grey level ... at least for TFC matches, and one is not allowed to stand in that section.

Ultimately though, I guess it's up to CSA.

Yeah, I'm a bit torn between whether or not we should look at getting the new north stand for ourselves. Separating us from the rest of the hardcores in the south end would give us more visibility as an individual group, but would cause us to compete against that atmosphere methinks.

I think we gotta stay in the south stand.

My idea would be done not with a single massive flag (well, perhaps it could be), but with a ton of cardboard poster type things, either single or double sided, where everyone would hold it on an angle over their heads to form the one massive single picture, a huge Canadian flag or else something with inspirational text on it for when the boys take to the BMO pitch. Just think what it'd be like for them, to come walking out of that tunnel to see an absolutely HUGE welcoming inspirational TIFO for them. That'd pretty much be the most we could do for them along with singing and chanting (and throwing over the odd Honduran), so it'd REALLY be up to them to win it for us at that point.

Archived